VitalSigns

Live Bounce Monitoring

Hi there

I tried this topic in the Software forum - I'm not sure whether it's too simple or too hard a problem for them: I remember a while back asking about live monitoring using a hardware FX unit - the solution was so complicated I gave up and used impulse reverb instead. I'm close to taking the feed from the soundcard + re-recording into my hard-disc recorder! Anyway, here goes..

I'm trying to record a stereo drum track thro' the PSP84 as an intro - one of the patches makes it sound like a 50's Sci-Fi electronic piece. Every time it goes thro' the plugin it sounds different plus I need to tweak the resolution in real time, so I have to hear the bounce.

I tried the mixdown bounce to a wav file + the mixinfile option on the mixer, but I can't hear anything. I'm sure there's something I'm missing, but the help pages + post searching didn't help. Help!

Thanks again

Jamie

I tried the mixdown bounce to a wav file + the mixinfile option on the mixer, but I can't hear anything. I'm sure there's something I'm missing
Well yes - me too.

The mix in file solution is the way to go. Once set up and activated you just start mixing your song.

When finished, the file is waiting for you on your HD. Its a while since I used that feature but if I remember correctly the file is re-writen everys time you start plaback so be carefull.....

Cheers

M