Auto Slicer? Pretty Please?

hitch

I'm having a great time with Samp V8 SE, which is the best software giveaway I've known. I shall more than likely buy Samp 9 when my budget allows, but one function I would like to see is a beat slicer along the lines of ZX BeatCreator or Sonar's Autosnap. It's very handy to be able to tweak a groove or replace one-shots or even *prays fervently* save the drum groove as a MIDI file and thus use it with other drum kits and different tempi.

Will MAGIX introduce a beat slicer in the near future? You MAGIX programmers may now tear your hair out. ;)

I'm having a great time with Samp V8 SE, which is the best software giveaway I've known. I shall more than likely buy Samp 9 when my budget allows, but one function I would like to see is a beat slicer along the lines of ZX BeatCreator or Sonar's Autosnap. It's very handy to be able to tweak a groove or replace one-shots or even *prays fervently* save the drum groove as a MIDI file and thus use it with other drum kits and different tempi.

Will MAGIX introduce a beat slicer in the near future? You MAGIX programmers may now tear your hair out. ;)

The Remix Agent will detect tempo, slice the track into objects and implement time stretching to match the (transient) audio to the VIP's BPM. It will also (I think) save the BPM/tempo data to the meta-data of the .wav. ;)

Thanks for the replies. :lol:

I've used the Remix Agent installed with my copy of Magix Music Maker and wasn't too impressed with it, plus the 15 second time limit made things awkward. Is the Remix Agent that comes with the full version of Samp any different? It would be so helpful if Samp came with a genuine beat slicer along the lines of ReCycle or BeatCreator instead of a "workaround". Yes, I'm a rank amateur. :D

I think, depending on the density of the material (i.e. kick drum vs. vocals, etc.), it will go for a 'default' scan that matches the perceived tempo, or of course, go for the click-tempo.

Have you tried something simple like drums? After that try more dense material like synth, guitar, or vocals and see what happens.

ALL the supposed 'audio quantize' and 'beat tracker' features I saw demo'd on Cubase, Sonar, and Logic at NAMM were done on DRUMS. Much easier than something else.

Greg