Another Cubase Owner Who Wants To Come Over

Blueberry

Can you automate when you want an effect on a channel to go on, or even to change it during the song? In Cubase you have a read and write button on all effects. I don't see that in Samplitude. I see the A button on the mixer to control fader and pan, but that's it. Can you control the automation with effects? I also don't see a bypass button on Wave plug ins like Cubase has as well. That is a pain.

How does the Mackie controller work with Samplitude? I like the cards that have that lays over the top right section of the Mackie but they don't have any for Samplitude at least yet. How do you guys work with the Mackie. Do you have to memorize what the buttons do if they are not labled or do you use a Sonar or Cubase card and have Samplitude learn each function?

Thanks

Can you control the automation with effects?

Yes, you can automate VST and VSTi effects..

In the plugin GUI - go to the menu: 'Plugin' and choose 'Automate

next parameter'. You can also hold Ctrl + ALT and click any button,

fader etc to draw automation curves for that spesific parameter.

Regards,

Tobben

Can you control the automation with effects?

Yes, you can automate VST and VSTi effects..

In the plugin GUI - go to the menu: 'Plugin' and choose 'Automate

next parameter'. You can also hold Ctrl + ALT and click any button,

fader etc to draw automation curves for that spesific parameter.

Regards,

Tobben

Thanks but I am not looking for automation curves for volume or pan. I am looking for turing the effect on during a part of the song, and moving the knobs to alter it's sound during a mix.

Thanks but I am not looking for automation curves for volume or pan. I am looking for turing the effect on during a part of the song, and moving the knobs to alter it's sound during a mix.

My description was not for volume and pan curves.

It's for automating VST/VSTi knobs/parameters. :D

Regards,

Tobben

My description was not for volume and pan curves.

It's for automating VST/VSTi knobs/parameters. :D

Regards,

Tobben

I see, so you do the automation in the wave, not on the plug in knobs. (I have not figured this out yet, but will tomorrow.) I found it interesting that when you do automation on volume or pan it shows up on the wave. I also like that you can lock a track as well which can prevent you from deleting things by mistake. In Cubase, the automation is another sub wave that you have to open. Not a big deal, but I like that in Samplitude that you don't have to take so many of these extra steps that I find I have to take in Cubase. I am liking Samplitude more and more. Can't wait to stop using the demo and get the real thing. Is there a way to make the mixer take up the entire space on your monitor. I can't seem to bring it all the way down to the bottom and up at the top at the same time.

I'm not aware of specific updates being planned for the mixer, however, I'm pretty sure that because the mixers are bitmaps, that it may never totally expand to full-screen. Word is that the mixer setup will be upgraded in near future release. Save mixer position, whether it's open when you close the VIP, etc.

There are other discussions in the past on the forum re: this and other mixer GUI requests.

Greg