Can You Mix Right From Midi To .wav In Samplitude 9?

SEA

I was reading somewhere that one thing you can't do in Samplitude that I do all the time in SX 3.1 is mix right from midi to wav, mp3, etc.

In SX 3.1... I use HALion 3, Atmosphere, Kontakt, and other NI and Steiny VSTi's and then add my eq, effects on the main bus out and midi tracks. :D

Is this something that's hard to do in Samplitude 9 Pro? If so, is it something MAGIX is working on to add to 9.2 or something?

Let me know forum!

Jamie (SEA)

Is this what you mean?

MidiToWave.wmv

Regards

Kraznet

Thanks Kraznet!

From the look of the video clip, it looks more like rendering the one midi track correct?

What I was thinking of was having your VSTi's (like Groove Agent, Trilogy, Atmosphere, LL3) and after cutting all the parts in midi (effects and mastering plugs too) then mix out of Samp 9 to a finished wave file like I do in SX 3.1. So everything is cut in midi. The only wave is the end product.

Can Samp 9 do that? If not... will MAGIX be working on that for a future upgrade?

Thanks,

Jamie

What I was thinking of was having your VSTi's (like Groove Agent, Trilogy, Atmosphere, LL3) and after cutting all the parts in midi (effects and mastering plugs too) then mix out of Samp 9 to a finished wave file like I do in SX 3.1. So everything is cut in midi. The only wave is the end product.

So you mean rendering to a wave file? If I understand you correctly all you have to do is choose Trackbouncing and then you can generate a wave file from the master output .There are various options to choose from in the dialog box . If you have say 4 Vsti's all you need to do is solo them and they will be rendered into a wavefile. . Generating ptions include : Only a wave project , New seperate object in current VIP ( as shown in cideo clip) ,Replace objects in current VIP , New VIP . You can also Multitrack Bounce ( each track to a file)

Regards

Kraznet

You can also freeze a MIDI track, and Samplitude will render the track including all effects, etc. - even the reverb trails!

I was blown away the first time I tried it.

It replaces the MIDI track with a wave object that can be mixed and burned directly to CD if you wish.

Greg

You can even burn the MIDI/VST tracks to Audio-CD in one step, although I would use the "use image for burning" method if CPU hungry VSTi or fx are involved...

Greetings,

Frank

Thanks Frank!

Let me ask you a question (just for further clarification) Currently I do everything Cubase SX 3 using VSTi's like HALion 3, Atmosphere etc. I also have the effects plugged into the midi track so WHILE I'm cutting the midi and I can hear them and see the data at the same time.

I also have the mastering plugs inserted in the bus out so I'm always "tweaking" the mix while I cut.

After this is done and I feel I have it ready for a mix I then mix it down to wave, mp3 etc.

Now... does it work the same way in Samplitude 9 Pro?

If not, how does it work? I have been watching the videos on YouTube but they don't have one up showing the midi yet! :P

I hope I'm not wearing on your patience... :)... it's just I'm still a bit confused on how it all works in Samplitude.

I'm more of a "show me a demo" kind of guy. :D

Best,

Jamie

I use 'heavier' effects tools like Atmosphere, and dfhS, and use tons of effects and mix-bus stuff, and it's awesome to be able to hit a button and burn the mix.

Samplitude does all the tasks you mentioned that you are doing - only a little bit more elegantly.

Greg

I use 'heavier' effects tools like Atmosphere, and dfhS, and use tons of effects and mix-bus stuff, and it's awesome to be able to hit a button and burn the mix.

Samplitude does all the tasks you mentioned that you are doing - only a little bit more elegantly.

Greg

So you don't have to render the midi to wave first? WOW!! Right to a CD... Effects and all!!!

Also... what does Cubase SX midi do that Samplitude 9 doesn't yet?

If it really does all this and more... then what the heck are the Cubase SX users complaining about?

Are there things you want to add to the next upgrade that you can share with the group? :)

Thanks,

Jamie