First I want to say thank you to all programmers and devs for Samplitude. I also want to thank you guys for what hopefully will be a major update to the samplitude line.

9.1 sounds likt it has a major overhaul to quite a few features in samplitude.

Out of curiosity, will there be a manual update pdf?

Again thanks to Frank, volker, and everybody at magix samplitude team. ;)

now, how much longer od we need to wait? :):blink:;):lol:;);)

>Out of curiosity, will there be a manual update pdf?

First we hope to get the help file updated with the new features.

I'm not sure if we manage an update to the PDF.

Regards,

Volker

works for me.

I cant wait! ;):blink:

So, from bits and pieces of posts elsewhere I have a list of updates coming in 9.1:

VST internal recording

improved routing schemes and enhanced routing capabilities

multi-track MIDI editing

enhanced score with 'standard' scanner import (?)

ability to separate MIDI instruments out into separate tracks (i.e. for drums)

groove quantize (?)

I probably missed some, but that looks like a LOT of work for the devs.

Can't wait. 9.02 is doing great here!

Greg

>So, from bits and pieces of posts elsewhere I have a list of updates coming in 9.1:

Sorry, some bits and pieces you've got wrong:

>enhanced score with 'standard' scanner import (?)

No, the new feature is a score export feature, to allow editing the score

in a dedicated score printing program.

>groove quantize (?)

No, sorry.

The 9.1 feature set is almost closed, so we hope we can anounce the complete list

soon.

Regards,

Volker

>So, from bits and pieces of posts elsewhere I have a list of updates coming in 9.1:

Sorry, some bits and pieces you've got wrong:

>enhanced score with 'standard' scanner import (?)

No, the new feature is a score export feature, to allow editing the score

in a dedicated score printing program.

>groove quantize (?)

No, sorry.

The 9.1 feature set is almost closed, so we hope we can anounce the complete list

soon.

Regards,

Volker

Thanks for the clarification.

Sorry that groove quantize will not make it in - not that I would ever use it :rolleyes:

Greg

Again, I want to say thank you guys so much for what 9.1 will be. :rolleyes:

I wopuld love for 9.1 to come out soon, but I know its a big dal with lots of testing so Ill patiently sit by. B)

one question to frank / volker / whom it may concern...

so in 9.1 i can record the midi I play..to my vsti plugin..and record the audio wave output from the vsti as well? I would have to do input/ouput routing inother apps, wich obviously causes more latency when tracking live. If I have this correct, thank you very much for this update.

Again, thank you.

Michael

So the score export function, it'll export it as a Sibelius or Finale file, or is it limited to a specific program? Any further info on that? It sounds great! I could have used it last night.

MusicXML is the export file option, so if finale or sibelius input MusicXML which I think they do, yuour okay. :rolleyes:

>so in 9.1 i can record the midi I play..to my vsti plugin..and record the audio wave output from the vsti as >well? I would have to do input/ouput routing inother apps, wich obviously causes more latency when >tracking live. If I have this correct, thank you very much for this update.

Yes. You only have to setup the VSTi with separate tracks for MIDI and audio (which also should be

much easier in 9.1 than currently) and press record for the MIDI and /or the audio tracks.

If you do the setup with multi channel outputs, you can even record the output as multi track

recording.

Regards,

Volker

>so in 9.1 i can record the midi I play..to my vsti plugin..and record the audio wave output from the vsti as >well? I would have to do input/ouput routing inother apps, wich obviously causes more latency when >tracking live. If I have this correct, thank you very much for this update.

Yes. You only have to setup the VSTi with separate tracks for MIDI and audio (which also should be

much easier in 9.1 than currently) and press record for the MIDI and /or the audio tracks.

If you do the setup with multi channel outputs, you can even record the output as multi track

recording.

Regards,

Volker

Hello,

Just curious but in what situation would one use such a recording.

I thought recording midi and freeze does just the same.

Johan

Well I never used freeze option. I felt like this was a temporary fix, during the time that cpu power was good, but not quite there.

Now that we are actually at astate where hardware is better then the software counterpart, Freeze seems a moot issue.

this feature actually seems really cool, as now I can right away do edits to the audio wave, time stretching and other things that maybe the vsti cant properly do.

just twiddling my thumbs till 9.1 comes out....is there a release month? B):rolleyes:

>Just curious but in what situation would one use such a recording.

>I thought recording midi and freeze does just the same.

Basically yes, but not when changing the instrument parameters

while recording. If you do this by MIDI, you sure could record this,

but already the simple task of playing a little bit with one sound and

then change the sound to another one in the VSTi isn't easy to reproduce,

when you just record the MIDI. When you record the audio you can

work with a VSTi just like with any other synthesizer: play it

live or with MIDI fed by the program, tweak it while doing this, and

record the result. So both workflows are very useful.

>just twiddling my thumbs till 9.1 comes out....is there a release month?

Sure :rolleyes:

Beta testing is already running.

Regards,

Volker

Great!

This is one of the things that still made me try to use Reaper for quick recording of ideas.

Does this apply only to VSTinstruments or also to VSTplug-ins: Amplitube (guitar amp simulation) or Ohmboyz Delay (sometimes the player/sunger is recording with some special fx in the track insert that doesn´t behaves the same way when I apply freeze or at the time of mixing).

Rods

soon.

Regards,

Volker

Hey Volker!

How about when setting the range for a loop (start and stop) and you want to click somewhere in the middle of it, it doesn't disappear? :blink:

Currently this seems to be the problem and you have to always reset the loop section.

If this could be tweaked that would be great! :D

It should work where you select the area you want to loop (the start and end point) and then you can adjust the start and the end without redoing it as well. :D

Also.. what about multiple loop points where you can jump ahead or go back to the section you want to? Is this possible in Samp 9? <_<

Best,

Jamie B)

Is there a list of new/improved things for Sam 9.1?

I'm curious to see what's coming down the line!

The list is coming soon. See Volker's post above.

Greg

>Does this apply only to VSTinstruments or also to VSTplug-ins: Amplitube (guitar amp simulation) or >Ohmboyz Delay (sometimes the player/sunger is recording with some special fx in the track insert that >doesn´t behaves the same way when I apply freeze or at the time of mixing).

That's only for VSTi currently, since only there you can setup a 2nd track for the VSTi output

to receive the audio. For VST FX I currently can't see a way to have input and output on

different channels.

Regards,

Volker

you could if your sound card can route the ins and outs, youll just get more latency is all. <_<

but recording the wav for vsti's is great. :blink:

oh I just had a thought....

say Im loop recording my midi...could I monitor the wave out..or record the wave out, into multiple takes?