Can Samplitude Import Other Project Formats?

SEA

..Audio import from Nuendo into SAMP is no biggie. There's a freeware called EDL Translate, and you can save as OpenTL from Nuendo.

Or use EDl Convert Pro from cuibono, that lests you convert your OMF, OTL or AES into a SAMP EDL.

BTW MIDI isn't part of TL, so you would transfer this as SMF. This would mean you have to setup the VSTis manually once more (save their preset in Cubendo and load in Sam).

Greetings,

Frank

..Audio import from Nuendo into SAMP is no biggie. There's a freeware called EDL Translate, and you can save as OpenTL from Nuendo.

Or use EDl Convert Pro from cuibono, that lests you convert your OMF, OTL or AES into a SAMP EDL.

BTW MIDI isn't part of TL, so you would transfer this as SMF. This would mean you have to setup the VSTis manually once more (save their preset in Cubendo and load in Sam).

Greetings,

Frank

Thanks Frank!

So let me get this straight!

First I save my existing midi projects from Cubase as SMF... then Samplitude can open open the SMD file and the midi tracks will be there?

Also.. what about the Tempo Mapping in Cubase? Will that be imported through SMF or will it be lost and have to remap the tempo in Samplitude?

Thanks for your help!

Jamie :blink:

P.S. This will be a cool thing to add to the video tutorial on the midi side! :)

First I save my existing midi projects from Cubase as SMF... then Samplitude can open open the SMD file and the midi tracks will be there?

Also.. what about the Tempo Mapping in Cubase? Will that be imported through SMF

If you export as SMF in format 1 (there is also format 0), MIDI tracks and MIDI data info is exported, also tempo mapping.

Also.. what about the Tempo Mapping in Cubase? Will that be imported through SMF

If you export as SMF in format 1 (there is also format 0), MIDI tracks and MIDI data info is exported, also tempo mapping.

Thanks Frank!

I'll have to try it out when Samp comes on Monday!!!! :)

Jamie :blink:

• 13 years later...

I recently got a new laptop, and couldn't install Cubase (6.5) anymore...  There are no more download files to be found.  So, as Cubase is so expensive, i switched to Magix Samplitude.   Is there any possibility I can open my old cubase projects in Samplitude, knowing i can't export my cubase projects anymore ?

• 4 weeks later...