Sign in to follow this  
Blueberry

Transport And Arrange Page Setup

For some reason I can't get the transport to show the min. and seconds while I have the arrange page show beats. When I change the transport to min. and seconds it changes the arrange page to the same thing.

For some reason I can't get the transport to show the min. and seconds while I have the arrange page show beats. When I change the transport to min. and seconds it changes the arrange page to the same thing.

Right, they are both syncronized to each other. If you left click on the Grid Menu icon at the top of the arrange window or the upper part of the transport window and change the type of subdivisions it's displaying they both change.

Why do you want them to be different? :D:)

Right, they are both syncronized to each other. If you left click on the Grid Menu icon at the top of the arrange window or the upper part of the transport window and change the type of subdivisions it's displaying they both change.

I like to see the beats in the arrange page and the min/seconds in the transport so I can see how long the song is at the same time look at how many measures the song is. This is something I have worked with in Cubase for 5 years.

I like to see the beats in the arrange page and the min/seconds in the transport so I can see how long the song is at the same time look at how many measures the song is. This is something I have worked with in Cubase for 5 years.

I don't remember ever doing that in Cubase but I can see how that might useful! :)

yes, I ask for that for years, no chance, it seems they don't want to do it... :D

As Sam is more and more "midified", it is logical to have a double timeline, like in Logic, with bar and beat and SMPTE. And something very useful as you said : could read bar and beat AND h:m:s at the same time, with the possibility of opening a second time window (and a third and a fourth, etc ...if needed). I really miss that from Logic :)

Phil

yes, I ask for that for years, no chance, it seems they don't want to do it... :D

As Sam is more and more "midified", it is logical to have a double timeline, like in Logic, with bar and beat and SMPTE. And something very useful as you said : could read bar and beat AND h:m:s at the same time, with the possibility of opening a second time window (and a third and a fourth, etc ...if needed). I really miss that from Logic :)

Phil

Well on the Mackie controller you would have your tape counter and then in Samplitude the bars and beats. But hopefully Magix would allow us to have this option inside Samplitude as well.

Seems like the Time Display (Ctrl+Shift+Z) would be the easiest place for the coders to start implementing this feature. It can already display up to five different fields of information. It does have the ability to select the unit of measure but currently changing it changes it for all fields and changes the Transport and Arrange windows too.

If this little Time Display could be modified so that any unit of measure could be used for any field without affecting the Arrange and Transport settings . . . . Hmmmm, maybe make the first field always be the same as the Transport and Arrange so that you have a reference and then the other four could be anything you wanted.

I know . . .easier said than done! :D