askwisely

Just Purchased Sam V8 I Need Help

the e version I purchased seems to not have the tutorial videos and its asking for a disk.

Cannot seem to figure out how to setup the midi functions and also I dont know how to setup a path to my vst plug ins nor can I understand why I would need to. All of the dx plug ins are all setup and work fine.

Now onto a different problem, every time I import a 24 bit audio file either wav or aiff, I get an error message saying it cannot play the file at its current bit rate and needs to play it at 16bit and the same message pops up even when I import a 16bit file.

Im also missing a great deal of the typical how to do to the basic program functions.

I read the entire help section/manual in the program and it just completely misses the whole setup and get going part. I have been using Magix Audio studio 2004 up until the ms10 version so its not all foreign to me.

Im stumped on the basics so any help with this or links to tutorials would be so appreciated. Also if it will shed anymore light on it my setup is the M-audio omni studio with a delta-66 card, I know its old but I cant part with it

the e version I purchased seems to not have the tutorial videos and its asking for a disk.
As far as I know only the SE version is online for sale. There are two pdfs that come with it:

http://www.samplitude.com/eng/sam/se.html

I dont know how to setup a path to my vst plug ins
Hit 'Y' to set your program options - same as audio studio.
every time I import a 24 bit audio file either wav or aiff, I get an error message saying it cannot play the file at its current bit rate and needs to play it at 16bit and the same message pops up even when I import a 16bit file.
Again - set your driver options and bit depth properly and this wont happen. 'Y' / Playback Devices.

Cheers

M

sorry I guess I should of got the version correct it is actually the SE version thanks appreciate the help I've fixed most of those issues my plug ins and with the bit depth, now Im trying to tackle the midi setup and how to locate and play the instruments