saymon

Recording Problem

Hello,

I use samplitude 7.22 and I cannot find the solution to the following problem:

I use fasttrack m-audio USB as the only audio interface (meaning I use it both for recording and listening concurrently). Recently, I've eaten my teeth to record bass guitar, as I've been constantly encountering the same problem, namely: the recorded track contains the mix of all of other tracks that I playback while recording. What is more, it also contains the sound of metronome. When I mute all of the tracks, turn the metronome OFF and record a complete SILENCE I still obtain the track with a silent but yet still audible metronome.

Thank you in advance for any help.

saymon

Hi saymon,

You have your audio card set to record what you hear.

Thats such a common trap as most don't suspect their own sound card but the software.

Cheers

M

Hi saymon,

You have your audio card set to record what you hear.

Thats such a common trap as most don't suspect their own sound card but the software.

Cheers

M

Well, when I enter windows audio panel and pick recording properties I've got only one thing to tick (or tick off) which is "wave in". When I tick it off.. I cannot record a single thing but silence. :)

If you're using windows own audio mixer (it works but its quite stupid) open it twice.

Put one above the other.

In the one below set it to input.

Make sure that in both, all of the options are activated so you get all possible things in your mixers.

Wave In is NOT the one you want.

If you get that far and can't figure it out from there take a screenshot and repost it here.

-Screenshot:

Press 'PrintScreen', open 'Paint' and press Ctrl+V

Save as Jpeg.

Cheers

M