kombinateur

Samplitude 8 Se Limitations

Ive been thinking for a long time about buying SE 8 because Im tired of some imperfections of my Ableton, but there is 1 big limitation, no 2 core support. It would strongly decrease the power of my computer. Is there a future plan to support that in SE 8 or the only chance is expensive Samplitude 9 with dongle (hard to use with laptop in train and so on...) ???

The big boys are "playing" with dual core support in 9.1 Pro. AFAIK You'll have to step up to the plate for multi-core support. :P

hi,

I've just seen on the newsgroup that v9 SE will come soon. You should wait for it.

Phil

.....dongle (hard to use with laptop in train and so on...) ???

For this use, use a short USB extension cable so the Dongle doesn't get damaged if it gets knocked. :P

I don't know what your computer specs are or what interface/hardware your using but I've been using V8 se for about 6 mths as it came with my RME ff400 and I can tell you that it has really surprised me how good this program is even with the limitations compared to the pro version. I've mixed some songs for a friend with up to 38 audio tracks and as long as i use the asio drivers it runs as smooth as silk. on occasion i've forgotten to change back to asio after running from the onboard sound card and it will start to stutter a bit with this many tracks, but with asio driver through ff400 no worries. My specs are 3.4 ghz pentium dualcore

with 1gig ram I have no idea if V8 se is taking advantage of my dualcore processor or not but as i say it runs great

Cheers

Wolffman :P

The free copy of Samp SE that came with Computer Music magazine is so good that it's almost wholly responsible for me getting into electronic music. B) My PC's specs are 1.0 GHz and 128 MB RAM so it works flat out when running Samp V8 SE... :P ...but it works...just. But when I get a new computer... :D

It should be - news.nv.net

Not sure if you need a password to join though.....