Samplitude Tutorials

cyrral

I was just wondering if there are any Samplitude 9 Tutorials or books available out in the general public, outside of the ones posted at their website? I did find some of the ones mentioned with some other topics, but I'd like to find some advanced tutorials or even a book or two that focuses on the advanced functions of the version 9 version.

I have used Samplitude Pro 2496 a number of years back, and I'm playing around with Sam 8 SE, relearning the ropes so to speak. I've used Sonar 6 Studio and Acid Pro 6 recently and found both products to be excellent. I just feel an urge to get back to Samplitude as I feel it would be a definite plus now that it sports MIDI more effectively.

But before I commit to Samplitude 9 Classic or Pro, I wouldn't mind spending a few dollars on getting to know the products functionality a bit better through either books, articles, complete video tutorials, and such.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

LC

The best option is to sit with someone who knows the program.

I spent a day, yesterday, with urm eric learning some if the details of Sequoia - and it was worth it's weight in solid platinum.

If there is someone close to you who knows the program , it will be well worth it, and better than any book.

John,

Thanks for the advise. I'll have to look into someone on the Web, if possible.

Problem is, in the Detroit, Michigan area, Samplitude seems non-existant. I hope someone from the Detroit area reads this statement.

Most of the people I know are Logic, PT, or Cubase users. The Sonar users are ones that I've taught how to use it.

It would just seem nice to know that someone has created a "Samplitude - Power User!" or "Samplitude 9 - DVD tutorial" instruction media.

In the mean time, I'll keep working with Sam 8 SE and the Sam 9 Pro demo, and hopefully gather enough knowledge to be able to use it when the time comes to upgrade.

Thanks again,

LC

Hi Cyrral,

Persist, Samplitude is an excellent program. I got so hooked I upgraded to Sequoia - and now I'm so hooked on the Source /Destination edit in Sequoia I'm glad I made the switch.

And - considering it's as good (if not better) than SADiE at a quarter of the price..................... :lol:

John,

Thanks for your response. I plan on persisting. I do have the Sam 9 demo, so I can get a feel for some of it's advanced features, via hunt and peck.

Yes, the SADiE System is a wonderful system. I've never had a chance to see one in action, but I have read about it's power and quality.

It would be nice to get to a system that could at least emulate that type of quality, at an affordable price. Having a small project studio, it's nice to be able to grow at a moderate pace, without a heavy commitment. I looking to procure Sam 9 Pro within the next month.

Thanks again and I'll post anything I find on Samplitude 9 tutorials, books, reference, and maybe the State-side distributor might be of help in that area.

LC

Yes, the SADiE System is a wonderful system. I've never had a chance to see one in action, but I have read about it's power and quality.

It would be nice to get to a system that could at least emulate that type of quality, at an affordable price.

Yes SADiE is good - but Sequoia is just as good (if not better) at about a quarter of the price. :lol:

The good news is that there is an easy upgrade path from Samplitude to Sequoia when you have the funds available.

I did it this way - and the 4-point editing in Sequoia is very much faster than Samplitude - but that's what the extra dosh is for.

Samplitude / Sequoia are superb programs. :)