cyrral

Skins For Samplitude Se Or Ms12 (2007)

There has been some topics on the availability of skins I found in the registered Samplitude user forum.

I was wondering if you can use regular SAM 9 skins on either SAM 9 SE or Music Studio 12 (2007)?

Music Studio 12 does come with a couple of options, but I've seen some of the SAM 9 and older skins, and some are really quite remarkable. It definitely spruces up the desktop if you ask me.

I was also wondering if you can actually create your own, and what would it take to do that? And what you would have to do to use skins from the Pro versions of SAM?

Thanks,

LC

In a word - yes!

But of course its not intended to change skins in SE - the function was removed. (see the INI)

Making skins is extremly time consuming and if you don't happen to do that kind of work you'll find it has a steep learning curve and practically no help.

Cheers

M

Martin,

Thanks for the warning on developing your own skins. It does look time consuming.

I did download the demo of SAM 9 Pro, and brought in the default skins from there. I did notice that in MS 12, the external skins blanked out the built-in FX selection for the VIP track control and mixer. So I left the VIP and mixer as default. I did try the DigiDesign and the Unempty, but had the same problem with the built-in FX disappering. I kept the V9 transport skin as it is alot better than the default.

As you described, the skins are deactivated in the SE version. (even though it appears in the list of categories)

It was worth the effort to check into the options. thanks

LC