Samp 9.1 Problems

mtnmixer

I'm new to samp 9 and was really expecting some great things from it. But so far I'm disappointed. I'm working on a song with 6 midi tracks using Motu Symponic instrument and Fruity Loops Sytrus. Even with 4 of the tracks frozen and the Vsti's removed from those tracks, Samp stutters and stops and the dsp load runs over 100%. I've tried many buffer setting changes/ engine changes and can't seem to make it work. 6 tracks doesn't seem to be too much to ask of samp. I'm running version 9.1.1, I have updated to the new codemeter version also. I'm using the Economy, Software/Track Effects Monitor engine, ASIO buffer setting 1536, 16 bit playback, VIP object buffer setting 8192. I also run samp 7 and have had great success with it running over 30 tracks with many samp effects as well as DX effects and UAD-1 and TC powercore effects running simultaneously without having to freeze tracks. Samp 7 has been very stable on my system for over 2 years. I have really gotten serious about midi since purchasing samp 9, love the midi editor, samps new effects: variverb and amtrack and others and I'm looking forward to using the new features. Please just tell me how to make it play. Thanks.

System:

XP Professional

Version 2002

Service Pack 1

Computer:

ASUS TeK

A7N8X-X

AMD Athlon XP 2800+

2,088 MHz

1.5 gig of ram

Motu 828 MK ll firewire

PCI cards:

2 UAD-1

1 TC Powercore

Samp 9.1.1 is on drive C

Motu Symphonic dat.msi file is on USB drive H

Song VIP is on USB drive F

Ok I found a partial fix in the VSTi manager. By deleting the instruments from each track that is frozen, the song now plays without a hitch at 75% dsp load. I'm sure if I unfreeze a track to edit the midi data, the dsp overage would reappear. This is workable, but not too satisfying. Perhaps my system just won't run more that a few VSTi tracks at once but it doesn't feel like the right answer right now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

hi,

just an idea coming now : try to decrease the VIP buffer value : Motu cards don't like more than 8000 samples.

With older version of Samp, you can choose 8000, but now, the number automatically go to 8192, you should try 4096.

good luck

Phil