Samplitude Se, Bouncing Vst To Audio ?

docsmith

Hello, Just starting with the new SE.

I am mainly using vst synths. There is no freeze track in SE, so i am looking for a way to record a midi track with a vst synth, then render or bounce it to an audio track. I cant seem to find a way to do this.

I have 1 gig ram, so otherwise i can only record four tracks or so without getting noise etc.

Most other daws will let you take the midi track and render it to an audio track, thus freeing up all the midi info. Any way to do this? If so please be specific as to how to set it up, im just learning .

Many thanks.

Doc

Hello, Just starting with the new SE.

I am mainly using vst synths. There is no freeze track in SE, so i am looking for a way to record a midi track with a vst synth, then render or bounce it to an audio track. I cant seem to find a way to do this.

I have 1 gig ram, so otherwise i can only record four tracks or so without getting noise etc.

Most other daws will let you take the midi track and render it to an audio track, thus freeing up all the midi info. Any way to do this? If so please be specific as to how to set it up, im just learning .

Many thanks.

Doc

hi doc;

freezing is indeed not possible in the SE version :ph34r: it's not convenient at all, but what i do is muting all the other tracks, then export the project (file > export > wav), then reimport the wav file.

freezing is however possible in the music studio. i think in the middle of september they will release the new music studio 2008 which - if everything is working as it should - really looks pretty (no specs available yet, but i've seen on a cover picture that it has the hybrid engine and even supports multipls vsti outs). maybe that could be interesting for you?

regards

oxy

Oxy,

Im finally getting somewhere with this, not there, but somewhere. You do not have to export the files.

Record a midi track selecting the midi input, and output to a vst .

Now you have the midi recorded.

Go to Tools menu, track bouncing, (im doing this from memory), a dialog opens up.

Here is the crucial part, selecting the right options. What i do is select, to bounce to NEW in vip, or something like that, making sure on the right, use active track is selected.

If you clicked the right things, it renders the track to a new audio track below the midi track, and now you can delete the midi.

Give it a try, better than exporting.