Mastering - Vsts - Crossgrading

Boydbob

I have been using Samplitude 2496 vs5.58 for years, mostly for editing.

I use Cubase SX3 for recording mainly because of VST's and VSTi's of which I have many.

I'm thinking of changing/upgrading. Cubase 4 has a lot of features, BUT, many of them do not yet work as advertised. Upgrade Cost is $199.

I also want to be able to Edit and Master my audio files, so I've been playing with Wavelab Essential (kind of like SE).

I can upgrade Wavelab Essential to Wavelab Studio 6 (pretty good but not PRO version) for $169

But if I crossgrade to Samplitude Classic instead, it will only cost $299 total versus $368 for the upgrades.

So I'm asking - How well do VST instruments & plug-ins work in Samplitude Classic? How about DX type?

I just downloaded the demo and hope it will answer much.

Secondly - how is Samplitude Classic as a Mastering program? The demo won't help me much there because I don't yet know enough to tell.

Third - If I crossgrade, do I really have to mail a manual page to Germany? or is there some way to verify SX more locally.

Thanks for your patience.

Boyd

I have been using Samplitude 2496 vs5.58 for years, mostly for editing.

I use Cubase SX3 for recording mainly because of VST's and VSTi's of which I have many.

I'm thinking of changing/upgrading. Cubase 4 has a lot of features, BUT, many of them do not yet work as advertised. Upgrade Cost is $199.

I also want to be able to Edit and Master my audio files, so I've been playing with Wavelab Essential (kind of like SE).

I can upgrade Wavelab Essential to Wavelab Studio 6 (pretty good but not PRO version) for $169

But if I crossgrade to Samplitude Classic instead, it will only cost $299 total versus $368 for the upgrades.

So I'm asking - How well do VST instruments & plug-ins work in Samplitude Classic? How about DX type?

I just downloaded the demo and hope it will answer much.

Secondly - how is Samplitude Classic as a Mastering program? The demo won't help me much there because I don't yet know enough to tell.

Third - If I crossgrade, do I really have to mail a manual page to Germany? or is there some way to verify SX more locally.

Thanks for your patience.

Boyd

OrangehillAudio.com is selling a crossgrade for Samplitude PRO v9 with no required documentation. I think it's $500.00

Tom Sailer at Orangehill (U.S. Distributer) will clarify that.

I would go for the "pro".

hi,
I would go for the "pro"

yes, because the Classic is not really a mastering program. There're too much missing things.

I think the OrangHill offer just before the v10 is a gift ... :ph34r:

cheers

Phil

Everything you'll ever need is in the Pro.

Go for it, since v10 is coming soon!

Greg

If one wants to stay current release-wise, the true cost of the Samplitude Pro crossgrade is $700. If cost is an object, Classic might be a better choice. It's not widely known, but there is crossgrade pricing available on Classic and Master as well. I haven't seen these offered anywhere but the Orange Hill Audio web site, but they are there if you dig deep enough. Upgrading to version 10 should be correspondingly cheaper, as well.

Samplitude Classic is actually quite a capable program. Apparently you've been getting on fine without Elastic Audio. Can you live with room simulation as an offline process? Do you use the built-in distortion effects? Study the version comparison chart carefully and decide what features you actually need. (Realize that you won't get the new noise-reduction enhancements in version 10 on Classic.) Also, because the whole crossgrade/upgrade pricing situation is so dynamic, I'd recommend that you talk to Tom Sailor directly, so you understand exactly what you're signing up for.

David L. Rick

Seventh String Recording