Cant Hear Effects In Se

docsmith

For some reason i cannot hear the effects in Sam Se.

I have the monitor options all the way to the right (hardware fx monitoring). I can hear vsti fine. Lets say im using a piano, and try to add a delay to the track. Track monitor button is pushed, i can hear the piano but not the delay.

I can hear the effects in the master channel, but not the individual tracks. Any ideas?

Thanks

For some reason i cannot hear the effects in Sam Se.

I have the monitor options all the way to the right (hardware fx monitoring). I can hear vsti fine. Lets say im using a piano, and try to add a delay to the track. Track monitor button is pushed, i can hear the piano but not the delay.

I can hear the effects in the master channel, but not the individual tracks. Any ideas?

Thanks

hi doc,

it seems that your problem lies within the monitoring settings. you need to run ASIO as driver system and then set your system to Track FX Monitoring. How to do?

go to the system options (shortcut Y).

post-2451-1192613900_thumb.jpg

under Audio System select ASIO as driver system, select your ASIO Device (if you have none, download ASIO4ALL for free), and then set the slider at Monitoring Setup to Track FX Monitoring.

confirm all changes with Ok.

now you should hear your effects in the tracks.

cheers, andy

Thanks for the reply. I actually figured out what it was. When i added a new soft synth to a track you get the dialog do you want it as....

and i chose the default which is multitimbral? For my setup that made monitoring the effects impossible. I now choose put it all on one track, and everything is fine.

thanks again.