Are The Effect Presets Good/useful?

Oxytoxine

sorry if this question seems stupid, i'm just a hobby musician that would like to start to learn more about (pre) mastering etc.

are the track effects presets (eq, dynamics etc.) given for the different applications (instruments, voice etc.) any good / do they make sense (would audio engineers use similar settings e.g. for compression), so that i could learn from them or - even better - actually simply use them if the ear says yes?

and the same goes for amphibia / amp track etc.?

thank you!

(i'm back from the doctor from an ear investigation, and from what i heard, it's probably not the best idea to trust my ears but to follow some guideline numbers.. i do not seem to hear anything above 8 khz anymore, f..k, and i'm still young :rolleyes: and do not make techno)

sorry if this question seems stupid, i'm just a hobby musician that would like to start to learn more about (pre) mastering etc.

are the track effects presets (eq, dynamics etc.) given for the different applications (instruments, voice etc.) any good / do they make sense (would audio engineers use similar settings e.g. for compression), so that i could learn from them or - even better - actually simply use them if the ear says yes?

thank you!

(i'm back from the doctor from an ear investigation, and from what i heard, it's probably not the best idea to trust my ears but to follow some guideline numbers.. i do not seem to hear anything above 8 khz anymore, f..k, and i'm still young :rolleyes: and do not make techno)

WOW, you have a serious problem if you do not hear anything above 8k.

For mastering you need GOOD EARS.

And a lot of experience with GOOD EARS.

cheers,

peter

thank you!

WOW, you have a serious problem if you do not hear anything above 8k.

For mastering you need GOOD EARS.

And a lot of experience with GOOD EARS.

cheers,

peter

All native plugins, EQ, etc. are superb in Samplitude.

Amphibia is my first go-to plugin for inline compression on drums and guitars.

The new Ammuunition in v10 is awesome!

Greg

hi moon and greg;

thank you for the replies!

for the ears: hoooray, it's not as bad, it's recovering - i'm so happy!!! ;)

for the effects: i know that they are superb, i was just wondering whether the effect SETTING (presets) are useful in the sense of that one could learn from them (for example if an audio engineer would use similar ratio/treshold settings for compression of drum tracks as they are given in the "drum" preset)?

have a nice evening

oxy