Vsti's In Se

arraknid

I've been using Samplitude 9SE for a few weeks now and am really getting into it. One thing that is annoying is the lack of a VSTi plugin manager which is apparently included in the full version. Having a limit of 8 VSTi's per project isn't a problem, but once an instrument has been loaded, it stays there in the list of 8. Changing the instrument doesn't remove it from the list, only deleting the track does that. It doesn't take too long to get to a point where the program is telling me I'm up to my limit, when actually there may only be 3 or 4 in use. Is there any way of deleting unused VSTi's from the list? My only workaround is to copy midi info to another track and then delete the original which is a pain in the proverbial!! Can anyone help?

• 2 weeks later...
I've been using Samplitude 9SE for a few weeks now and am really getting into it. One thing that is annoying is the lack of a VSTi plugin manager which is apparently included in the full version. Having a limit of 8 VSTi's per project isn't a problem, but once an instrument has been loaded, it stays there in the list of 8. Changing the instrument doesn't remove it from the list, only deleting the track does that. It doesn't take too long to get to a point where the program is telling me I'm up to my limit, when actually there may only be 3 or 4 in use. Is there any way of deleting unused VSTi's from the list? My only workaround is to copy midi info to another track and then delete the original which is a pain in the proverbial!! Can anyone help?

If i am understanding you correctly... from the midi panel you have in, your midi in, out is going to whatever vst. Just change the midi out momentarily to something else, like your midi out (that choice should be there) poof, the vst is no longer there, now you may choose another vst.

Also of course if you bounce the midi track to audio, now you can free up the vst. Ive used many many vsts in my project this way.

doc