Is Samlitude For Me?

Blackthorn

Hi everyone I am into caribbean music calypso etc. I am currently useing PTLE and Logic Pro 7 for MIDI. I do lots of MIDI composition would Sam be good for me? how is the Hardware synth implemetation, would I be able to use hardware synth without major problems? I tried the demo and liked it however I am not too much into PCs but I am will to change that Sam. Thanks :o

Hi everyone I am into caribbean music calypso etc. I am currently useing PTLE and Logic Pro 7 for MIDI. I do lots of MIDI composition would Sam be good for me? how is the Hardware synth implemetation, would I be able to use hardware synth without major problems? I tried the demo and liked it however I am not too much into PCs but I am will to change that Sam. Thanks :o

Anyone??

Anyone??

I am asuming everyone is still on Christmas break will check back next year! Happy New Year I am hoping to join this family. Heading to the Pro Tools Board to get my PT questions answered promptly. :blink:

hi blackthorn;

people here are somewhat snobbish (that's normal, because they can afford samplitude ;-) nono, just a joke), usually there are not much answers on the newcomer forum :o

so i'll be a bit provocative so that hopefully others chime in to defend samplitude. IMHO, if you already have logic pro and PT, you really don't need samplitude. the scoring is quite nice and all the sync options to control hardware synths are there, at least in the pro version, but there are several little but severe issues that can drive you crazy; have a look at the samplitude MIDI topic board to get an idea. for example the different engines of samp make it very difficult to find the right buffer settings for everything. it seems that most samp users are straight audio (that's where samp shines) and don't even realize the midi mess.

good luck with your decision and a happy new year!

I say go for it.

You'll find many PT and Logic converts here - many due to being frustrated :blink:

external synth integration works great if you have good sound card/hardware interface. Get a good stable PC and good audio interface (I recommend RME)

You should have no problems. There's plenty of help here if/when you need it. It's a great community with active developers.

Greg