What Can Sequoia Do ?

B787

Hi there guys,

In a few weeks i'll be in a position to buy a new DAW, I currently use Pro Tools LE 7.3, which is cool, but i want something mroe powerful. I came across Samplitude/Sequoia. They blew my mind with the ability to edit at object level, the great modelling plug-ins etc. As someone who uses RTAS now can I ship-in VSTi's into Sequoia and use those as my main instruments. I do not do much live recording, I was wondering if Sequoia can handle my orchestras, beat=boxes etc ?

2. Can I use internal bus recording to turn my Midi into Wav's ?

3. How is Sequoia on handling large Midi files ?

I think those are my main queries, i kinda have a handle on the other things. Just wanted to know how it handled VSTi's since I have over 50 gigs of samples to use. Thanks for oyur help in advance. :o

Hello B787 and welcome. You should not have issues with VSTi's. I use them without issues but I only light use. Samplitude and Sequoia both have freeze function to render to wav. You can freeze at track level or buss level. Large file size is no issue within SAM but may cause issues if it needs to be exported to other format. I believe it would be seen as 2 gig files. The dev team would have details on this.

Cheers

Jeff

Hello B787 and welcome. You should not have issues with VSTi's. I use them without issues but I only light use. Samplitude and Sequoia both have freeze function to render to wav. You can freeze at track level or buss level. Large file size is no issue within SAM but may cause issues if it needs to be exported to other format. I believe it would be seen as 2 gig files. The dev team would have details on this.

Cheers

Jeff

Well thanks for the reply, i'll be getting my hands on NI Komplete 4 or 5 and some other VSTi's form Steinberg, just wanted to know. @$3000.00USD it has to be better sounding and operationally great. I think it's worth it. Can i be directed to a place on this forum with MP3 Demo's of work done in Sequoia 10 ?

Cheers.

There is no place on the forum to post clips but Paul McCartney's last project was done on Seq. Much of the work Disney does is in Seq. If you are not doing lots of audio try Samplitude first. Rent it or buy it. Seq's audio editing is great but not needed if you are a midi guy. $1200 is a lot cheaper and still has everything Seq. has for midi and VSTi's. If you ever feel the need to upgrade from Sam to Seq they credit you your $1200 already paid. Call Tom at Orangehillaudio.com for details. Toms the BEST.

Jeff

Cheers

Jeff

Well thanks for the reply, i'll be getting my hands on NI Komplete 4 or 5 and some other VSTi's form Steinberg, just wanted to know. @$3000.00USD it has to be better sounding and operationally great. I think it's worth it. Can i be directed to a place on this forum with MP3 Demo's of work done in Sequoia 10 ?

Cheers.

Andreas Neubronner has won grammy's using Sequoia.

http://www.samplitude.com/eng/seq/neubronner.html

You'll be in great company after joining the Samplitude/Sequoia community!

Greg