Importing Instrument Definitions Into Sam 10 Pro

Custom Blue

I have a Yamaha Motif-Rack ES, how do I go about importing the instrument definition file into Samplitude 10. I should point out I am trying out the demo version before making my mind up to do crossover from another DAW. Or perhaps there is a simpler way to get Samplitude and the Yamaha rack talking to each other?

Any help will be appreciated.

I have a Yamaha Motif-Rack ES, how do I go about importing the instrument definition file into Samplitude 10. I should point out I am trying out the demo version before making my mind up to do crossover from another DAW. Or perhaps there is a simpler way to get Samplitude and the Yamaha rack talking to each other?

Looks like no takers, I'll be the first to say that after reading the help files and trying to work my way through the program I'll admit defeat and uninstall it.

Looks like no takers, I'll be the first to say that after reading the help files and trying to work my way through the program I'll admit defeat and uninstall it.

You only waited two days for a response? OK....

This hasn't been a focus for the developers. It DOES exist for most VST's. It IS a request that they are working on, but the development has been focused on automation, side-chaining, external hardware integration, etc. etc.

Did you try the external hardware configuration?

Sorry you didn't give Samplitude more of a chance, since it's MUCH deeper than the other hosts in many ways, and the instrument definitions can be mapped in manually rather than automatically.

Greg

This hasn't been a focus for the developers. It DOES exist for most VST's. It IS a request that they are working on, but the development has been focused on automation, side-chaining, external hardware integration, etc. etc.

Sorry you didn't give Samplitude more of a chance, since it's MUCH deeper than the other hosts in many ways, and the instrument definitions can be mapped in manually rather than automatically.

Greg

Sorry Greg I use Sonar 7.02 and Cakewalk Forums have a very quick response time and a very informed and helpful user base. I'll have a go at your suggestion though, so thanks. I really like the Samplitude Audio Engine so I won't give up on it yet.

Greg

Sorry Greg I use Sonar 7.02 and Cakewalk Forums have a very quick response time and a very informed and helpful user base. I'll have a go at your suggestion though, so thanks. I really like the Samplitude Audio Engine so I won't give up on it yet.

OK, sounds like a good plan.

Once you get acquainted with Samplitude, it will grow on you :huh:

I presume the response on the main registered forum is much more immediate compared to the newcomer section.

It's a great, supportive, knowledgable community.

Have fun,

Greg