Sign in to follow this  
krizrox

Meters Record/playback And Peak Indicators

Yes - another of my daily newb questions...

I'm sure I'm missing these things somehow. Searching for references in the book and help screen produced no hits.

I am surprised to not see a numeric peak indicator near the meters (for both playback and recording). Yes, I see the meters bouncing around but where do I find (or enable) an actual numeric indicator for the volume peaks for each track of audio? I see nothing in either the VIP tracks or the mixer channels. I was able to find a fancy meter in the Windows/Visualization menu but that seems designed for a single track. Is there no real time numeric display for each track during record and playback?

No numerical readouts in Samplitude. You need a skin with big accurate meters - most are accurate.....

Cheers

M

Odd - is there a reason for this? Why wouldn't you want a numeric indication of peak levels?

And a skin? I admit ignorance - I have tried various default skins but do any of them include a numeric peak indicator? Are there 3rd-party skings that add additional features not normally found in SamPro?

This seems like an odd thing to omit or not add to the program. Without a numeric value, you have nothing other than the peak hold that is part of the actual meter - right?

Which leads me into a whole plethora of questions about the metering in Sam. As I was sitting here hitting a snare drum and recording a simple snare drum track, I'm left wondering how you acurately display the vol level of the input signal. Is this all we got? Those simple little track/mixer meters?

You can't go over zero db right?

There are various mixer skins with much bigger meters and there you can really read the scale on the side. Have you got the 'Session Mixer' ?

Apart from that there is a numerical readout in the Master section.

Watch your Pan Law...... it can do strange things to your input metering with the Hybrid engine.

Cheers

M

You can add peak meters for each "device" which is affected to the output of a track or a buss with the "open new visualization" in the Visualization setup and activate the "Show peak meter values" option for each.

During recording you have to open the recording options panel to activate the recording visualizations, add the ones you need and parameter them to display each recording track (Device option)