Working With Loop Objects For Arranging (breaking Up Loops)

fonografist

I've tested out samplitude's loop function, and how well it would work for laying up a song. And there's one thing i haven't really worked out. If i make a midi part into a loop object, i can drag it out and that's all good. But i i maybe dont want any bass in a part of the song, and cut away say 4 bars of bass, everything to the right of the cut becomes silent? Can you do a break in a succesion of loops like this somehow?

And I don't suppose there isn't any way of putting a bunch of audio objects (or clips of whatever) into some kind of loop object without turning the clips into loop obejcts themselves? Like midi notes inside a midi object... And i know about the glue audio function...

One more question about midi objects, by the way. Most of the time i program my midi, not record it. I make electronic beats, and i prefer to put out midi notes on the piano roll with the mouse... Can you easily make new empty obejcts over a marked place in time? So i can make say 2 bars of empty midi object somewhere in the song...

I've tested out samplitude's loop function, and how well it would work for laying up a song. And there's one thing i haven't really worked out. If i make a midi part into a loop object, i can drag it out and that's all good. But i i maybe dont want any bass in a part of the song, and cut away say 4 bars of bass, everything to the right of the cut becomes silent? Can you do a break in a succesion of loops like this somehow?

And I don't suppose there isn't any way of putting a bunch of audio objects (or clips of whatever) into some kind of loop object without turning the clips into loop obejcts themselves? Like midi notes inside a midi object... And i know about the glue audio function...

One more question about midi objects, by the way. Most of the time i program my midi, not record it. I make electronic beats, and i prefer to put out midi notes on the piano roll with the mouse... Can you easily make new empty obejcts over a marked place in time? So i can make say 2 bars of empty midi object somewhere in the song...

You can insert new MIDI object to length desired under MIDI menu.

There's a long-time wish to simply drag one MIDI object into another and have them merge - like the old Voyetra Digital Orchestrator Pro used to do. There may be a way to do it in 10.1, but I haven't found it yet! :huh:

Greg