Vst Redirection

Alex A.

Hi

I have Ez player free and can't find how to redirect it to some drum sampler. In Cubase it is easy, I've open both instruments and in drum sampler I just select Ezplayer as an input. I'm sure it is easy in Samp too, but I can't find the way.

If you know Ez player or not, basic question is - how can be instruments inputs or outputs (audio or midi ) redirected to another instrument or fx?

Thanks in advance

Alex

By the way: RTFM

Tnx

Samp M are pretty FM. I tried to read them, but are a bit chaotic (just MHO ), so I learned Samp through the Kraznet's videos.

It suppose to be on page 205 and 207, nice but I don't get it.

Ezplayer activate Midiout
- nice. How and where?
on the next track: activate midi in recording for the VSTi, for example a drum machine.

Yeah, got it, but can't figured how to set up midiout on EZplayer

Cheers

Alex

By the way: RTFM

Tnx

Samp M are pretty FM. I tried to read them, but are a bit chaotic (just MHO ), so I learned Samp through the Kraznet's videos.

It suppose to be on page 205 and 207, nice but I don't get it.

Ezplayer activate Midiout
- nice. How and where?
on the next track: activate midi in recording for the VSTi, for example a drum machine.

Yeah, got it, but can't figured how to set up midiout on EZplayer

Cheers

Alex

I think it's actually VST MIDI out (as opposed to EZ MIDI out), which can be turned on by right-clicking at bottom of mixer channel where EZ is (I think - I'm away from my machine) - near where you assign the MIDI output.

It's not exactly clear in the manual, and the routing manager gets confusing.

Also, since you're using Scope (Luna), you should make sure you have ASIO dest module setup in the Scope environment - say off the outputs of a Scope mixer. This way you can monitor the EZ output separately if you wish.

I have dfhS, but have NOT used it to attempt to further trigger other samplers, so I HOPE I didn't miss a step.

Nevertheless, it's not a secret :( Perhaps people are just busy.

Greg

Finally find out :(

"Midi out" is on a left upper roll Plugin menu in the vst or vsti main window.

So far so good. It works in 10 pro, but it wasn't possible to do that in Samp 9 SE. :P

I intend to use Samp 9 SE on my laptop when I'm around coz I hate to take dongle with me.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Alex for your help!! I nearly got it to work! I can drop a midi file from EZ into samp, and it will play it back. BUT, I cant preview anything because when I hit play on Ez Player..no sound. I may have to go back to cubase for drum work unfortunately I think.

Thanks to Alex for your help!! I nearly got it to work! I can drop a midi file from EZ into samp, and it will play it back. BUT, I cant preview anything because when I hit play on Ez Player..no sound. I may have to go back to cubase for drum work unfortunately I think.

and which mode are you in?

what is your monitoring settings?

set your global MIDI routing to your hardware destination? (It won't handily say EZdrummer until you tell Samplitude that it's EZ)

Greg

and which mode are you in?

what is your monitoring settings?

set your global MIDI routing to your hardware destination? (It won't handily say EZdrummer until you tell Samplitude that it's EZ)

Greg

Hi Greg,

I am using Advanced/Hybrid monitoring, using EZ Player with Superior, or trying to at least, not EZ Drummer.

I was under the impression post V9, one dosent have to worry about the MIDI hardware routing issue ??? I am on V10.

Thanks....

see attached raw template VIP - it might help

This template is for Superior2 only - I don't have EZ.

Either load EZ into track one and point it's output (with monitoring and VST recording turned on?) to S2, or record your MIDI performance out of EZ, and then load the MIDI file into track one

Make sure your routing is setup correctly.

and let 'er rip...

Note: This template is for full S2 drum kit with no effects.

I've even added some EQ to the audio playback channels as well as an aux channel that has some compression/reverb added.

I have NOT yet turned on the plugins included in S2 (which also sound great).

Hope this helps,

Greg

SuperiorDrummer2.zip

see attached raw template VIP - it might help

This template is for Superior2 only - I don't have EZ.

Either load EZ into track one and point it's output (with monitoring and VST recording turned on?) to S2, or record your MIDI performance out of EZ, and then load the MIDI file into track one

Make sure your routing is setup correctly.

and let 'er rip...

Note: This template is for full S2 drum kit with no effects.

I've even added some EQ to the audio playback channels as well as an aux channel that has some compression/reverb added.

I have NOT yet turned on the plugins included in S2 (which also sound great).

Hope this helps,

Greg

Thank you Greg! That is very much appreciated, I will be trying it out in a few hours when I get home. I presume you mean by "pointing" EZPlayer to Superior, you mean selecting EZPlayer's MIDI output channel to the channel superior is on? This is what I have been doing with no luck so far. Thing is I can hit record in Samp and play a groove from EZplayer, and Samp will record the groove and play it baack no prob. Its just that hitting play in EZPlayer will not trigger the sounds in Superior. Almost seems to me to be some sort of monitoring prob seeing the routing seems to be ok seeing I can record and playback a groove successfully. Anyway,Ill look closely at your template and see if I can make some progress. Thanks again.

hmm, just discovered something. You say insert EZPlayer on track one. Track one contains S2 in the VIP. It would therefore seem it would need to be insert effect?

I have been creating seperate MIDI track For EZplayer and selecting it as a VSTi. This may well be correct I dont know. but its something else for me to try.

hmm, just discovered something. You say insert EZPlayer on track one. Track one contains S2 in the VIP. It would therefore seem it would need to be insert effect?

I have been creating seperate MIDI track For EZplayer and selecting it as a VSTi. This may well be correct I dont know. but its something else for me to try.

I thought S2 is in track3 on that template - yes?

Greg

Thanks for all your help guys. Toontrack tell me Samplitude will not work with EzPlayer at this stage, they are working on a update.

They should be able to get it to work quickly then, but Superior2 is running great in Samplitude.

Greg

Yeah S2 works fine here as well, its EZ thats stuffed. Wished I had have asked earlier, would have saved me two weeks of stuffing around! :)

I think it's just the drag-n-drop groove feature that doesn't work in Samplitude yet.

Greg

The dragging and dropping of grooves, sort of works. It will drop into samp and play, but it takes a VERY long time for the groove to actually get to the MIDI track once you have dropped it. It also wont play grooves, at all, from the EZ player transport. When you hit stop, the groove still seems to be playing as the line under the transport is continuing to run, but then again who really knows as you cant hear it anyway :)

Anyway, hopefully they can fix it sooner rather than later.

The dragging and dropping of grooves, sort of works. It will drop into samp and play, but it takes a VERY long time for the groove to actually get to the MIDI track once you have dropped it. It also wont play grooves, at all, from the EZ player transport. When you hit stop, the groove still seems to be playing as the line under the transport is continuing to run, but then again who really knows as you cant hear it anyway :)

Anyway, hopefully they can fix it sooner rather than later.

Which monitoring mode do you have the EZ and Superior channels set for?

Greg

EZ Player is set to 'MIDI" and "monitoring" under the plug in menu, of the plug in.

Samp. is set to mixer FX/ Hybrid monitoring. The MIDI track with S2 is then record armed.

Are you saying you have S2 and EZ player working properly together?? :)

No, I thought I mentioned that I don't own EZ, so I simply recommended setting it up like other similar in-line VST's.

Apparently EZ has issues with Samplitude, and Toontracks is working on it (posted elsewhere and/or on other forums).

Seems there are a rare few VST's out there that have issues with Samplitude's hybrid engine (or whatever).

Meanwhile, Superior 2 is 99% stable and routes in all sorts of configurations, so perhaps just run EZ and export MIDI tracks into Samplitude (if that works).

Greg