Burn Effects

Waco

How can I do to burn samplitude effects or VST effects realtime when recording. Sometimes it would be great with some eq's, compression or other things straight to harddisk without later care about this.

• 2 weeks later...
How can I do to burn samplitude effects or VST effects realtime when recording. Sometimes it would be great with some eq's, compression or other things straight to harddisk without later care about this.

Not sure why you want to 'burn' the effects. When mixing down ('burn'), the program will render the effects as you hear them. Otherwise, you can route your tracks to an aux channel, with all the effects on that aux channel, then record the audio on the aux channel during playback (or freeze after recording).

The most 'real time' way is to do a mixdown with effects rendered. Otherwise, just record the effects on a separate track - which is more real time and will capture the randomness of the effects.

I've recorded and burned separate aux/effect tracks for friends/collaborators that use other hosts that do not have the same effect plugins/settings that I do. This way they can just drag the effect track into their project. HOWEVER, this is not really the best way to do it IMO since the effects are no longer reacting to the recorded track input.

You can always mixdown to external hardware such as a DAT machine (still used nowadays).

Otherwise, Sampliquoia is not setup for burning real-time while recording.

Greg