How To Implement Instruments Definition?

clopin

probably going to buy Samplitude 10, and, I would like to know, how to implement instruments deffinitions, like either Sonar or Cakewalk into Samplitude?

Or, do we have another way to, for example recording in Midi format from Oasys Korg, from it's internal sequencer, to Samplitude midi sequencer, and be able to play the native timbres of Oasys, but, when Oasys would NOT be ON....? I mean, when Samplitude would play back to internal eithers Windows player, using an REM FF800 for audio gear....

thanks you

probably going to buy Samplitude 10, and, I would like to know, how to implement instruments deffinitions, like either Sonar or Cakewalk into Samplitude?

Or, do we have another way to, for example recording in Midi format from Oasys Korg, from it's internal sequencer, to Samplitude midi sequencer, and be able to play the native timbres of Oasys, but, when Oasys would NOT be ON....? I mean, when Samplitude would play back to internal eithers Windows player, using an REM FF800 for audio gear....

thanks you

Instrument definitions are not necessarily integrated into Samplitude, simply because there are so MANY instruments to write in. The instrument presets, etc. are all viewable and switchable, but would probably have to be named by hand - but I'm not 100% sure.

You could probably record from the Korg sequencer, and then play back from Samplitude no problem - but Oasys would obviously have to be on for it's sounds to be heard, yes?

If you record MIDI tracks into Samplitude, then those tracks can obviously be mapped to any other VST instruments, or other external hardware instruments as well. MIDI and audio can also be recorded on the same track, and VST MIDI tracks can be frozen - essentially turning them into audio.

Have fun,

Greg