Considering Samplitude.. Some Questions?

:) OK so im trying out the demo for Sam 10 Pro at the moment but i have a few questions that hopefully the more experienced users could help answer for me

;) I am also aware that some of the answers may be pretty obvious to alot of you so please bear with me

1: Is 176/192KHZ supported in Sam 10?

2: A Duende Rack unit is high on my shopping list- is anyone using one of these with Sam 10 without issue? A PCI-E version was announced at Frankfurt 08 so i may opt for that but thats another topic ;)

3: A Mackie Control is also high on my list as they are sellin cheap at the moment on account of the newer version- any issues using this with Sam 10?

4. Is Sam 10 copy protection dongle based and if so does the dongle ship with the software package?

5. Is there an option to upgrade Yellow Tools Independance LE to the full version with a discount thrown in for good measure :)

I'll leave it at that for now folks, any questions, comments (even negative :P ) and general advice is well appreciated :)

BTW: I am changing from Cakewalk Sonar

:) OK so im trying out the demo for Sam 10 Pro at the moment but i have a few questions that hopefully the more experienced users could help answer for me

;) I am also aware that some of the answers may be pretty obvious to alot of you so please bear with me

1: Is 176/192KHZ supported in Sam 10?

2: A Duende Rack unit is high on my shopping list- is anyone using one of these with Sam 10 without issue? A PCI-E version was announced at Frankfurt 08 so i may opt for that but thats another topic ;)

3: A Mackie Control is also high on my list as they are sellin cheap at the moment on account of the newer version- any issues using this with Sam 10?

4. Is Sam 10 copy protection dongle based and if so does the dongle ship with the software package?

5. Is there an option to upgrade Yellow Tools Independance LE to the full version with a discount thrown in for good measure :)

I'll leave it at that for now folks, any questions, comments (even negative :P ) and general advice is well appreciated :)

BTW: I am changing from Cakewalk Sonar

1) Not sure about 176, but 96 - yes

2) I don't know of any Duende users (or issues).

3) Mackie seems to be working OK for people. There are some users and developers that are really tweaking the controller configurations.

4) yes, it's dongled, (the dongle can be networked amongst multiple computers), and comes with the software (I think - it's been a while)

5) I don't think there is an upgrade path for INDE - but this may depend on the dealer. I recommend checking with Tom Sailor at Orangehillaudio.com for details.

Full automation - yes

hardware I/O - yes

freeze - yes

dual-timeline

skins

AWESOME sound engine (famous)

Object editing - yes!

Good luck with the demo.

Greg