Sascha: How About A Channel Strip

Well, honestly, am not keen on creating such a thing.

It may sound odd, but I find these tools redundant, especially with today's possibilities, especially when looking at audio sequencers like Sam/Sequoia.

Okay, I mostly find myself using simple things, all-in-one tools, so that's basically your point to take. But my personal experience says you can't expect to have the best possible sonic outcome in a single plugin that does many jobs in one. There's always a tradeoff.

Am-phibia is already sort of a channel strip (that's what it says on the tin), although it's not the classic approach, I admit.

The thing with this flood of typical channel strips is: it bores me. I find the whole thing overhyped like nothing. It's often more about selling dreams than offering a concrete solution (well a solution is the answer to a problem, but what the problem, after all...?) I mean, consider modern hosts' routing/chaining possibilities and customizing options. That's more than people could dream of in the 'classic console' days.

My thinking is, when you combine several tasks/modules into a device, try to build something unique, something that differs from the norm, be it sound or behaviour. By no means, that should be a 'me too' thing. That may seem pure paranoia, but that's just my personal view :)

Cool, my take comes from a work flow stand point.

75% of the tracks in any of our sessions use specific, example; snare track, may have a floorfish gate, Cambridge EQ, into a AM-Pluse. Or the Vocals may be a de-esser into a fairchild into a Cambridge eq, or the de-esser into a 1176 into a waves ren eq... so these 75% of tracks don't apply to my request, because I choose different elements each time.

the other tracks, like a random keys or guitar track, or a backup vocal, you know a secondary track that I would just want to add a non-flavored eq and comp/lim, its great to be able to hit a button on the mixer and have a single gui that opens that is a basic channel. I'd favor this over opening the eq, and then moving the plug outta the way and opening the comp/lim, then every time after I want to access it I have to open the 2, if I re-order the pair I have to deal with how the eq is then hitting the com/lim so both need to be open...

It almost like I want a single window that has the eq and the Am-Track on it, with a "re-order" button on the plug. Kinda like the default channel strip. dig? Not to reinvent the wheel, just for work flow.

Cool, my take comes from a work flow stand point.

75% of the tracks in any of our sessions use specific, example; snare track, may have a floorfish gate, Cambridge EQ, into a AM-Pluse. Or the Vocals may be a de-esser into a fairchild into a Cambridge eq, or the de-esser into a 1176 into a waves ren eq... so these 75% of tracks don't apply to my request, because I choose different elements each time.

the other tracks, like a random keys or guitar track, or a backup vocal, you know a secondary track that I would just want to add a non-flavored eq and comp/lim, its great to be able to hit a button on the mixer and have a single gui that opens that is a basic channel. I'd favor this over opening the eq, and then moving the plug outta the way and opening the comp/lim, then every time after I want to access it I have to open the 2, if I re-order the pair I have to deal with how the eq is then hitting the com/lim so both need to be open...

It almost like I want a single window that has the eq and the Am-Track on it, with a "re-order" button on the plug. Kinda like the default channel strip. dig? Not to reinvent the wheel, just for work flow.

...not to flog a dead horse, but this is exactly what I use Am-phibia for. Just for shaping and "colorizing" backing tracks. I like to use some of the amp modeller presets, then turn off the "speaker" emulation.