Sign in to follow this  
midiaxe

Lynx Sound Cards

Hi all,

Not much recent activity regarding Lynx products. I would really appreciate hearing from users of Lynx PCI cards.

Those of us trying to make an informed choice, would benefit immensely from hearing real world feedback on which Lynx

models work well and which models, perhaps, we should avoid. Also, if any of these cards performance can be improved by tweaking

particular settings, this would also be very helpful information. Does Samplitude/Magix have a recommended interface list? Considering

that the interface is the pivotal component in every audio workstation, this topic seems worthy of an ongoing discussion.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated input.

-Midiaxe

I would really appreciate hearing from users of Lynx PCI cards.

I'm running three LynxTWO's & Samp without issues and very low latency. (I track with 32 or 64 samples, and overdub & mix with 128 samples (in 48khz)

Quite a few users have had issues with their AES-cards though, but the TWO's have been unbeatable for me since V6.

It all depends on how many inputs/outputs you need of course...

Thanks Sebastion, and greetings to all. I was checking on the Lynx website yesterday, and apparently there were some fixes done with version 9 ? of Samplitude. People at Lynx say they were/are working together with Magix. With Version 10 out now, I would imagine things have gotten even better ? Most of the problems were experienced during recording, as opposed to playback ? This may not be a problem for me, since I record to a RADAR and use the DAW for mix automation and VST effect application.

Some other questions:

Does Samplitude play nicely with UAD-1 cards ? I have four cards in a Magma chassis.

Does Samplitude play nicely with SSL Duende ? I have the original classic firewire, which is one reason I am considering upgrading/moving from SX2. While I have Duende working, with SX2 there are some problems as the drivers were written for SX3 and higher.

Does Samplitude play nicely with Drumagog ? I have been using Drumagog to replace drum hits from a Roland V-drum kit, and it works a treat.

Thanks.