Sign in to follow this  
djderung

Samplitude Upgrade Questions

I have Samlitude 7.23 Pro and am looking to move up to a more current version.

I would like to be able to run the program on my Vista Laptop for location recording as well as have it installed on my in-house XP Pro box.

Here are the choices/prices:

10 Pro $600 US.

10 Classic $300 US.

9 Pro $450 US.

9SE $75

Can these versions all be loaded on more than one computer? I have read about "dongles", but can't remember if all of these versions have one.

Of course, any money saved will be nice. I am even considering version 9SE for tracking/mixing and then loading into 7.23 to do final mastering/CD creation.

TIA,

Dave

I am even considering version 9SE for tracking/mixing and then loading into 7.23 to do final mastering/CD creation.

You should not expect that this works for much more than loading a stereo file you have mixed down in 9SE.

Regards,

Sebastian

From the standpoint of certain users (e.g. those with some Lynx cards), there was never really a completely solid V9 release. If you upgrade to V10, you'll be in line for 10.1, which the development team and beta testers are working really hard on. As for whether you want Pro or Standard, I'd say it depends on which features you plan to use. Look at the product matrix and decide what's important to you.

David

Thanks for the replys,

I think I am going to Version 10 Standard. I know I would not be happy having to jump between apps when I want to make a disc.

Dave

I would really, really make the push for "Pro". I made the jump from Samplitude 5.9 "standard" (there was no Pro then) to Sam Pro v8.

That cost a ton.

I think the plugins bundled in Pro are definately worth the cost. As I've said on another thread: Am-munition gets my vote as the best plugin released (by anyone) in the past few years.

hi dave,

here some answers:

> I have read about "dongles", but can't remember if all of these versions have one.

10 Classic comes without dongle but you can order one, if you need

10 Pro comes with dongle

9 Pro comes with dongle

9 SE comes only without dongle

> Can these versions all be loaded on more than one computer?

dongled versions of course, but you can run the program only one at a time.

dongle-less versions can only be activated 3 times.

cheers, andy