Bren Gun

Keeping Cursor At Selected Spot

Hi. This has been bugging me. I couldn't find an option herefor either. Example: while zoomed in, when I scroll horizontally through the arranger, the play cursor moves along which I don't want.

Hi. This has been bugging me. I couldn't find an option herefor either. Example: while zoomed in, when I scroll horizontally through the arranger, the play cursor moves along which I don't want.

Try hitting the 'p' key and switching the cursor mode - however this is for during playback, so I'm not sure what you're looking for otherwise.

Greg

If I understand correctly you mean - when scrolling with the mouse or cursor keys the screen cursor jumps to center screen and stays there.

Yes I think its time to ask for this old behaviour to go or an option to switch it off.

Cheers

M

Hi Bren,

I don understand exactly what you are doing, or what want to achieve. Could you give more detail, please?

david :):):lol:

hi,

:) it's very annoying sometimes ... +1 with Martin !

When I don't want to see the cursor move, I use the horizontal scroll bar instead of mouse wheel... it's become automatic...

best

Phil

hi,

:) it's very annoying sometimes ... +1 with Martin !

When I don't want to see the cursor move, I use the horizontal scroll bar instead of mouse wheel... it's become automatic...

best

Phil

yeah, but scroll bar is so 'old school' :)

anyways, the stationary cursor with waves flying by is sorta cool when working with video - but I'm so used have the cursor follow the mouse, that I never think about it.

Greg

There is a soft scroll mode that keeps the cursor centred. See playback options. But you don't want to work that way in Samplitude because it is fatiguing for the eye. The whole GUI starts blinking and flickering then.

/S

There is a soft scroll mode that keeps the cursor centred. See playback options. But you don't want to work that way in Samplitude because it is fatiguing for the eye. The whole GUI starts blinking and flickering then.

/S

If a understand the original post, it's not the problem of scrolling during playback, it's just in stop mode, when you use the mouse wheel to scroll the main window after having the cursor located, the play cursor move to be always in the middle of the windows. This doesn't happen if you scroll with the bar or with the buttons.

+1 to change that

hi,

I'm agree with Sebastian, the soft scroll mode is not very well... I've never used it.

Something could be nice for zoom: perhaps something like Archicad, zoom follows the mouse :)

best

Phil

Hey guys. That is exactly what I mean: when playback is not active and you scroll, the cursor stays centralized and moves along. It kind of disorientates me, as I expect it to stay where I put it. I only want it to move if I tell it to. It kind of feels like the user has to serve the program, instead of the program serving the user :)

I only want it to move if I tell it to. It kind of feels like the user has to serve the program, instead of the program serving the user :ph34r:
Yes I understand that totally.

I got used to it like everyone else but now you mention it - it is a PITA.

I remember Volker changing the behaviour to not affect playback when scrolling with the mouse. (It used to stop playback and center the cursor)

I wonder if anyone at all actually likes the behaviour ?

Cheers

M

I only want it to move if I tell it to. It kind of feels like the user has to serve the program, instead of the program serving the user ;)

I got used to it like everyone else but now you mention it - itis a PITA.

I remember Volker changing the behaviour to not affect playback when scrolling with the mouse. (It used to stop playback and center the cursor)

Cheers

M

Hate it.. +1 for getting rid of it. I use modifier keys with the mousewheel all the time, I try to mark in and out points of a range and if I forget and mousewheel-horizontal scroll there goes my first position...

I only want it to move if I tell it to. It kind of feels like the user has to serve the program, instead of the program serving the user ;)

I got used to it like everyone else but now you mention it - itis a PITA.

Cheers

M

Hate it.. +1 for getting rid of it. I use modifier keys with the mousewheel all the time, I try to mark in and out points of a range and if I forget and mousewheel-horizontal scroll there goes my first position...

Time to bring back the old .ini tweak (if there was one). Give us the 3rd option (or shift +scroll or whatever)

What bugs me is the fact that while zooming in during playback, the zoom follows the moving cursor - I can no longer just zoom in to the starting point. Is there an ini tweak for that?

Daniel

Just a friendly 'bump' for this topic so that the subject stays alive. I too would love to not have to use the horizontal scroll bar to move within the project window in non-playback while keeping the cursor from auto-centering in that window. Any possibility this could be added as an option?

Angus

It's been on the list for V11.

Haven't found an .ini tweak yet.

Greg

I too would love to not have to use the horizontal scroll bar to move within the project window in non-playback while keeping the cursor from auto-centering in that window. Any possibility this could be added as an option?

+1

Horizontal scrolling with mouseweel WITHOUT repositioning the cursor would be much better than the present behaviour!

A tip: Every day I use the command CTRL + ALT + Left/Right Arrow (default shortcut), this scrolls the VIP window horizontally half a screen at the time WITHOUT repositioning the cursor. Very useful indeed!!!

Regards,

Bertil