Yes, happy I am, I bought it, and now, can learn it....Of course to read teh forum is great and help....

I already had troubles ( sorry) with the software, like....

I use 2 partition on a Dual core processor, having plenty of Ram 2 gig, dedicated harddisk for audio recording, and more..

I use an RME fireface 800, an USB midi interface, I use also a Korg PA1X workstation, and a Korg Oasys, and my ultimate goal is to record with Samplitude, 2 audio tracks from PA1 on analog, 5 audio track with World clock and ADAT and SPDIF, and for midi purpose I use, the FireRME for Oasys, and the Roland interface for PA1X pro....

I have tolearn, but, what I could enjoy help for, Today, I made 2 separate recording, only with Midi all, one track for each gear, I did check, tempo, I/O for midi, also I did put a checkmark for the Thru active, and when recording, could see all the midi tarcks OK...But, I cannot play it back, I mean, when I start the transportbar, it start a splitsecond and stop.....? what did I did wrong?

all is happening with Win XP Pro edition...Also, I have no clue if that is of importance, the Windows XP is 32 bits, and my machine has on the other partition a Vista 64 bits.....

Also, when I touch the SOLO icon for one or more tracks, the playback suddenly goes about 40 to 50 % less...? and when that happened I was just having 7 stereo tracks and 2 midi ALL tracks....

thanks for any help....

Also, how can we post directly in the Midi related forum? :ph34r::D

Yes, happy I am, I bought it, and now, can learn it....Of course to read teh forum is great and help....

I use 2 partition on a Dual core processor, having plenty of Ram 2 gig, dedicated harddisk for audio recording, and more..

I use an RME fireface 800, an USB midi interface, I use also a Korg PA1X workstation, and a Korg Oasys, and my ultimate goal is to record with Samplitude, 2 audio tracks from PA1 on analog, 5 audio track with World clock and ADAT and SPDIF, and for midi purpose I use, the FireRME for Oasys, and the Roland interface for PA1X pro....

I have tolearn, but, what I could enjoy help for, Today, I made 2 separate recording, only with Midi all, one track for each gear, I did check, tempo, I/O for midi, also I did put a checkmark for the Thru active, and when recording, could see all the midi tarcks OK...But, I cannot play it back, I mean, when I start the transportbar, it start a splitsecond and stop.....? what did I did wrong?

all is happening with Win XP Pro edition...Also, I have no clue if that is of importance, the Windows XP is 32 bits, and my machine has on the other partition a Vista 64 bits.....

Also, when I touch the SOLO icon for one or more tracks, the playback suddenly goes about 40 to 50 % less...? and when that happened I was just having 7 stereo tracks and 2 midi ALL tracks....

thanks for any help....

Also, how can we post directly in the Midi related forum? ;):)

thanks very kindly for all your charming answers :lol:

thanks for any help....

just make sure you read the manual.

Then check that your I/O settings are correct.

Then make sure your playback settings is pointing to your MIDI instrument.

Then read the manual.

Also, the videos are very good.

Greg

I cannot play it back, I mean, when I start the transportbar, it start a splitsecond and stop.....? what did I did wrong?

You need to register a "licenced" forum-account to post in the main forums.

I'm no midi-guy, so I cannot help much with your question, but it sounds almost like you have an accidental small loop-range on (with no loop activated). Otherwise I have no idea unfortunately, sounds very strange :lol:

You should be perfectly ok with your 32bitXP - its what most people use here.

- register and try the midi-forum...

thanks for any help....

Also, how can we post directly in the Midi related forum? ;);)

just make sure you read the manual.

Then check that your I/O settings are correct.

Then make sure your playback settings is pointing to your MIDI instrument.

Then read the manual.

Also, the videos are very good.

Greg

Greg thanks, I followed your explanation, and even if my I/O are I assume correct, when opening a template, very often, the setting change without warning by themself...I never encountered that behaviour before, when using an audio board like ESI1010, btu, with RME fireface800, this is a whole different story....

I need to find out time for watching video too....

I also checked, and not once, each time I do check the midi setting, and using one workstation and 1 synth, I do not know witch one would be better to be first on the Samplitude setting, the one running the midi I/O of fireface 800midi oe the one using the Roland UM2, drivers uptodate, that I use for workstation Midi I/O on 1....and for each instrument the midi playback I do use their proper midi output, not yet played back by the internal sounds of Samplitude midi neither by VSTi....

and for the Manual yes I do read it..... :)

I cannot play it back, I mean, when I start the transportbar, it start a splitsecond and stop.....? what did I did wrong?

I'm no midi-guy, so I cannot help much with your question, but it sounds almost like you have an accidental small loop-range on (with no loop activated). Otherwise I have no idea unfortunately, sounds very strange :lol:

I found with nice help the way to register, and I would post on the midi forum...Your idea of a small loop range is not bad, but, how to correct it? Erik thanks for your help

I found with nice help the way to register, and I would post on the midi forum...Your idea of a small loop range is not bad, but, how to correct it? Erik thanks for your help

The range can either be redrawn, or cleared by right-clicking over it and clearing it.

Check the help file.

Otherwise I think you may have a loop happening somewhere that is causing a conflict in the input and output.

Greg

Hey clopin,

I'm glad you're happy you got it. This will be my main DAW in the future too. After I get certain business taken care of, I'll get rid of the demo (which I have tested exhaustively a while back) and probably get the standard version (since I won't be using some stuff anyway). Then I will probably upgrade to the professional version later if I think it necessary (mainly due to more submixes and auxes).

You can count on it you'll get lots of good help around here. Good luck with your learning.