lllubi

Multiple Dsp Cards Support Priority?

i really like how my UAD1 sounds in Samplitude 10 compared to other daws.

what i learned in Samplitudes forum is that some users have problems using multiple

DSP cards on multicore systems.

what i would like to know is if there is a time schedule where i should expect some

known issues to be solved.

i dont mind buying a new motherboard and following some instructions on some other parts

as well,but i would like to have a plan what is working or not.

I learned my lessons from Cubase4 and dont want to wait for 5 to start working.

thanks

I guess you have to follow the issue closely. There have been some fixes recently, but I haven't seen any actual reports that refer to multiple card scenarios. Honestly, I doubt that there is any systematic investigations going on in that regard. Samdev is addressing MCP issues in general. That may contribute to a solution, but rather indirectly so. Some issues that are maybe correlated with multiple UAD cards seem rather to be in UAD's field.

Regards,

Sebastian

I guess you have to follow the issue closely. There have been some fixes recently, but I haven't seen any actual reports that refer to multiple card scenarios. Honestly, I doubt that there is any systematic investigations going on in that regard. Samdev is addressing MCP issues in general. That may contribute to a solution, but rather indirectly so. Some issues that are maybe correlated with multiple UAD cards seem rather to be in UAD's field.

Regards,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

when i watched the video on how to install u UAD card they used the ASUS P5LD2.

changing from my former AMD single core to a Pentium D was as easy as installing the card

with the new board.

RME has a link to ADK Pro Audio and rebuilding a system with their specs always was a no brainer

until now.

At the moment they prefer the Gigabyte X-38 mobos and have a

Penryn Quad OC to 3.2 as a reference system.

The benchmarks are very impressive and made me decide to wait with changing

my system for the moment.

the Q 6600 Quad is not a contender anymore

i was reading on Gearslutz yesterday that UAD2 is in a advanced status what means people

already had it physically in their hands.

So multiple UADs are out as well now.

id really would like to use Samplitude 10 Pro strictly for mixing.

Install a template with channelstrips and use DSP for calculating reverbs ,delays,chorus....

I can do this in Cubase and Ableton Live without any drops or need for restarts.

I hope there will be some improvements announced in the near future because mixing

in Cubase4 is not fun anymore since i heard Samplitude 10.

thanks,

lubi

Hi lubi,

sounds as you weren't exactly living in the present... :ph34r:

As much as your current system is concerned, you should be able to judge if it is working alright or not by using the demo version. That is as good as it gets for a purchase decision. As far as all other aspects go: You'll see when you have it in your own hands. I would never expect and trust on anybody else finding it out for me.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Hi lubi,

sounds as you weren't exactly living in the present... ;)

As much as your current system is concerned, you should be able to judge if it is working alright or not by using the demo version. That is as good as it gets for a purchase decision. As far as all other aspects go: You'll see when you have it in your own hands. I would never expect and trust on anybody else finding it out for me.

Cheers,

Sebastian

I agree, and would also be forwarned that SOME (NOT ALL) folks using multiple cards from multiple vendors have had obvious issues with clocks, dropouts, etc. since different manufacturers cards tend to compete for resources in different ways. However, I have 3 Scope cards running with no problems.

I also recommend really pushing the demo to see what's possible.

Greg

im living very much in the future now ;)

but it is for the first time that i like what i hear in digital world in the last 4 years.

at this time i heard an algorithmix eq for the first time and thought other plugins should be close

somehow.

didnt like the idea to invest that much money in a Protools HD system to work at home where i

dont have any room treatment at all.

now im very confident that i can get very good results maxing out my system with

powercores new plugins as well as with a future UAD2.

im going to get a powercore or powercoreX8 in the next few weeks and about this time we will see

if there are going to be some announcements on UAD2 on Amsterdams AES.

i heard an algorithmix eq for the first time and thought other plugins should be close

somehow.

a bit OT I know - but the linear phase mode of Electri-Q of AIXcoustic Creations equal or surpass both algorithmix and PLpar when it comes to transparency, plus it has loads of "coloured" options too.. (and its dead cheap - both in money and cpu-drainage ;) compared to those..)

http://www.aixcoustic.com/index.php/Electri-Q-FULL/13/0/