somethingstarted

It Just Wont Play, Record, Anything!

please read my second post on the topic because this one isn't helpfull for you trying to find out what my problem is. sorry i rushed this post. thanks

I had this problem sence as long as i can remember,

when i try to record it the line that tells where it is on the timeline will move about .2 miliseconds and stop. i try to record, samplitude recognizes the audio, shows it, but it just will not play, it will not record, it will not move! help! please...

Did you already see the tutorial videos:

http://www.samplitude.com/eng/seq/tutorial_videos.html

yes i did. but all of what he said on the getting started i already knew that just from tinkering about on it. i should probably be more specific with the problem, i just reread what i put and i kinda rushed the message a bit. what it will do is the bar will move about 3 pixels and then stop. no sound, nothing. no sound during the 5 pixel "playing time". i have also tried to change the "play to/from" options and none of them work, i get the exact thing.

i tried to take a picture of the problem but i just dont know any idea of what to do! there should be 4 photos of it.

(i'm going to keep updating this post over and over with more info)

post-15579-1213723804_thumb.jpg

post-15579-1213723830_thumb.jpg

post-15579-1213723936_thumb.jpg

post-15579-1213724021_thumb.jpg

hi,

do you try to work in a VIP (Sampliquoia arrangement) ? to see if there's a difference...

You should try with ASIO, or perhaps have you already tried ?

Is the communication with the soundcard is ok ? have you ever had an error message about that ?

best

Phil

hi,

do you try to work in a VIP (Sampliquoia arrangement) ? to see if there's a difference...

You should try with ASIO, or perhaps have you already tried ?

Is the communication with the soundcard is ok ? have you ever had an error message about that ?

best

Phil

one quick question, why is ASIO ALWAYS the correct answer?!?! see funny thing, i read your reply, i said "huh, maybe" i have heard it worked better before, "aw what the hell" and funny thing, THAT ONE THING (that you helped me fix, and thanks a helluvalot!) SET ME BACK 3 MONTHS. i feal.... odd that that didn't work. but hell, i've learned so darn much about it today just fidgiting about on it. but there is just one problem.. now i can't get it to comunicate with my DIGITECH RP - 350 guitar pedalboard. it doesn't recognize or achnolidge my pedal board being hooked up via USB is even there. in other words no sound is going into samplitude.

(just a sec i'll post some more pictures)

EDIT: i added the two pictures, they are right below the text. yuep.

EDIT2: should i just post pics of all of my settings and crap? it might help yall out loads on diagnosing the problem. THANKS SO DARN MUCH FOR TRYING TO HELP THOUGH! but it just seams with me theirs one problem after another, i think i need a new sound card but i dont know. i'm going to mess with the adobie audio stuff and try something. please reply soon. thanks again

allan

post-15579-1213727831_thumb.jpg

post-15579-1213727848_thumb.jpg

post-15579-1213728427_thumb.jpg

I notice that your Global Playback device is set to 7-8 . Presumably thats the Realtek device . I would have though you need to set it to either the Digitech output 1-2 or the Realtek 1-2 or front output . You can also change that below the Master Fader in the Mixer . I can see an Adobe Asio device in the in the Record Options . Have you tried opening the control panel below it to see there are any other available devices?

Regards

Kraznet

ok. that works now, i downloaded a new update for my pedal board so now it has "digitech asio" which is all fine and dandy. BUT, when i press record > play it goes blank and i get no sound, and no osicioscope, and that thing that is usualy wraped around the osicioscope.

post-15579-1213849525_thumb.jpg

post-15579-1213849667_thumb.jpg

post-15579-1213850059_thumb.jpg

problem_4.bmp

post-15579-1213850337_thumb.jpg

post-15579-1213851030_thumb.jpg

post-15579-1213851201_thumb.jpg

post-15579-1213851219_thumb.jpg

ok. that works now, i downloaded a new update for my pedal board so now it has "digitech asio" which is all fine and dandy. BUT, when i press record > play it goes blank and i get no sound, and no osicioscope, and that thing that is usualy wraped around the osicioscope.

Have you tried setting the Monitoring Setup to SOFTWARE MONITORING?

Also click the MON button on the TRANSPORT BAR.

Mark

Also click the MON button on the TRANSPORT BAR.

Mark

I know this is going to sound like a dumb question, but where is the Transport Bar? i'm looking for it right now but i haven't found it yet.

allan

EDIT: i found the transport bar, and it works now. everything is just fine now. thanks a bunch. now i can finish my song.

although one more question, about how many takes you yall usualy do before you get it the way you want it, mainly on guitars and pianos and drums ect.?