Elastic Audio The Same In Sam 10 And Music Studio 2008?

Oxytoxine

hi samplitudists;

is elastic audio easy the same in samplitude 10 and in samplitude music studio or do they use different algorithms resulting in noticeable differences?

eg. if i record a wav with equal settings in samplitude 10 and in ms and then apply the same manipulations in the elastic audio editor, will they sound identical?

i ask because i'm thinking of either upgrading to samplitude (but read that there the elastic audio editor seems to be the same) or eventually getting melodyne.

thank you very much for some information on this!

a nice evening wishes

oxy

I don't know about that, but I've downloaded Melodyne demo and tried it along elastic audio in Samp 10 pro. I was pretty amazed that elastic audio sounds noticeable better. ( I need to edit female vocal line - wrong note at the end of the chorus :unsure: )

You could download a demo of Melodyne and Samp 2008 and compare elastic audio with Melodyne. :lol:

i ask because i'm thinking of either upgrading to samplitude (but read that there the elastic audio editor seems to be the same) or eventually getting melodyne.

After spending a lot of time with EA, I tried the Melodyne demo and it was love at first sight. :unsure: What used to take me hours to do in EA I could literally do in minutes with better results in Melodyne. I now do all of my pitch correction in Melodyne.

With the Direct Note Access feature coming in the next version of Melodyne, it's a no brainer.... Get Melodyne! :lol:

-tkr

All the Elastic Audio Easy of SMS2008 seems to be in Elastic Audio of Samplitude, but the contrary is naturally not true :unsure:

Mostly, the relative mode is missing in SMS.

I used Elastic Audio in SMS2008 and then opened the VIP in Samp10demo. No problem with what was made in SMS.

All the Elastic Audio Easy of SMS2008 seems to be in Elastic Audio of Samplitude, but the contrary is naturally not true :unsure:

Mostly, the relative mode is missing in SMS.

I used Elastic Audio in SMS2008 and then opened the VIP in Samp10demo. No problem with what was made in SMS.

Are you talking Sam std. or Sam pro.

AFAIK, Sam std. and SMS have the same EA easy.

So there should be no difference.

After spending a lot of time with EA, I tried the Melodyne demo and it was love at first sight. laugh.gif What used to take me hours to do in EA I could literally do in minutes with better results in Melodyne. I now do all of my pitch correction in Melodyne.

Hm strange.. I tried to edit vocal in Melodyne and found it changed color too much ( on unnatural way) , so I tried this in EA and it works fine.

Hmm.. maybe it is just my lady vocalist :lol::unsure:

thank you guys for all the answers!

hihi, yes, changing the vocalists would be the most simple alternative... but what if that's me :lol::unsure:

hm, seems that, as so often, it comes down to a matter of taste, since your opinions are quite detrimental.

for the differences of EA in sam 10 and in the music studio: it's both EA easy and looks exactly the same, but as sam 10 uses better pitchshifting algorithms ("Universal HQ") than the MS 2008 ("normal"), i was wondering whether there are noteable quality differences.

thanks again and stay tuned

oxy

My main issues with EA was not with the sound, I just cannot stand the interface in EA.

Samplitude's algorithms are better quality, but in Melodyne it is much easier to get things on pitch and to flow smoothly from one blob (as they're called in Melodyne) to another and overall it results in a better sound. I have also noticed Melodyne adds a little more color, but only when the vocal is soloed does it make much of a noticeable difference. In a mix the vocals sound great and you can't even tell they've been altered... But I guess this depends on how much you had to alter the vocals as the more you shift the vocals the more artificial it sounds, which is true for any pitch editor. So far, I've been much happier with my finished results in Melodyne compared to in EA.

The best thing to do would be to try the demos for Samplitude and Melodyne and see which one you like.

-tkr