Ain't Asking For Much

Sabluka

You know I'm a retired civil Eng. Grad from Ga tech. I ain't that smart.

However, I started with fortran, then when DOS came out did programming in basic, then basic+, then when ACAD came out LISP. No probs.

Yet, I loaded a wave file of a jam with my 85 year old dad, who is a Normandy VET who went thru France & Italy and Germany, and none of the functions of the program worked.

Its funny as he told me he loved the German people more than all the others. He told me that the German people were more like us americans than any others.

I bought Samplitude 9 and when I loaded a wave file of him and me jamming not a damn one of the functions worked.

I'm really upset about this. If I am missing a step please let me know.

Wm Harvey

Anchorage, Ak

You know I'm a retired civil Eng. Grad from Ga tech. I ain't that smart.

However, I started with fortran, then when DOS came out did programming in basic, then basic+, then when ACAD came out LISP. No probs.

Yet, I loaded a wave file of a jam with my 85 year old dad, who is a Normandy VET who went thru France & Italy and Germany, and none of the functions of the program worked.

Its funny as he told me he loved the German people more than all the others. He told me that the German people were more like us americans than any others.

I bought Samplitude 9 and when I loaded a wave file of him and me jamming not a damn one of the functions worked.

I'm really upset about this. If I am missing a step please let me know.

Wm Harvey

Anchorage, Ak

not one of WHICH functions?

What are you trying to do?

What's your setup?

PLEASE give more details. Otherwise you're not making sense, sorry...

<I'm half German extraction, so I hope I can help>

Greg

Thanks for the prompt response. It was what, as usual, user error. I didnt realize i needed to select the tracks to make the commands work. Sorry to bother you.

I'm new to using this program so I'll try and search for answers.

Just trying to take my dad's and my jams and clean them up just a tweak and maybe add some volume. Maybe a little few adjustment. Me guitar and him on harp with a smattering of me singing an old WWII tune.

Thanks for the prompt response. It was what, as usual, user error. I didnt realize i needed to select the tracks to make the commands work. Sorry to bother you.

Ok. Perhaps edit the thread title to reflect this, as a courtesy to developers and other users? :rolleyes: Just my 2 cents...