With A Midi File And, Say 10 Tracks, How Can I Record

clopin

yes, I like to know, how to REC each Midi tracks from a midi file in audio format?

say I have on midi track1 the melody,

on midi track 2 a bass,

on midi track 10, drums and so one, I would like to know, if I MUST REC each tracks separatly with my audiocard, an fireface 800, or? if I would like to use VSTi instrument, what would be the exact procedure to use with Samplitude 10?

I really need to save each midi track into a unique audio wav file, for editing purpose....

many thanks.....

Map each MIDI channel (instrument) to a separate track and record the MIDI performance on those tracks, and then freeze.

Or try just recording all your MIDI onto one track, and then go to MIDI>Demix MIDI objects by MIDI channel and it will extract all the MIDI tracks that way (good for drums also). Then freeze those tracks.

Note that freeze really only works with VST's, so if you're recording the MIDI sequence from an external synth, then just setup Samplitude to record MIDI and audio on the same track.

Greg

Map each MIDI channel (instrument) to a separate track and record the MIDI performance on those tracks, and then freeze.

Or try just recording all your MIDI onto one track, and then go to MIDI>Demix MIDI objects by MIDI channel and it will extract all the MIDI tracks that way (good for drums also).

OK, I did recorded a midi file with Korg PA1, format 0 or 1, do not recall, and when I loaded into Sam, I did the Demix, and sorry I am still lost with the freeze function......

Then freeze those tracks.

Note that freeze really only works with VST's, so if you're recording the MIDI sequence from an external synth, then just setup Samplitude to record MIDI and audio on the same track.

here again, how can I tell Samplitude to REC audio and midi at the same time? If I goes under track option I can only REC or midi or Audio, but not both at the same time...Lost again....But, now, If I make a mistake, and need to correct it, I wouls only REC first with MIDI mode, and then after corrected, REC into Audio track.... I very seldom use VST or VSTi.....

Thanks for your help, but, under the help file, I could find only one Freeze instrument help...this is not clear for me yet.....

Greg

clopin :lol:

hi,

you don't need to REC, if I understand well. If it's just change midi track in audio tracks, you can use freeze function or bounce function.

If you want to use Vsti's, simply load them on midi tracks, and freeze for example. Done.

best

Phil

Sorry and thanks, still not clear....How can I change a midi track into an audio track? I would need a real wav file, or MP3, and the freeze function or bounce, I am still lost with it....

Sorry..... :lol:

Ok, I dig, and dig, and, thanks something with your help I could figure out...Yes with the VSTi it is working, but, I was not sure, after I had also to save the Freeze object, into a Wav or MP3 file.....

Then ? now, if I like to save, say from a midi file with 16 tracks, then, I suppose, I can save or the all file into an audio file part or part of it...this is GREAT......

happy I am happy you helped me..... :lol::D but still much to learn.....

OK, I found the way with the VST...i but not with the VST...Then? we can only use the VSTi, I mean an instrument, to FREEZE a midi track?

What about the normal VST ?

thanks

All VST's - effects, synths, EQ's, etc. should freeze with the entire track (like render).

Greg

OK, I found the way with the VST...i but not with the VST...Then? we can only use the VSTi, I mean an instrument, to FREEZE a midi track?

thanks

All VST's - effects, synths, EQ's, etc. should freeze with the entire track (like render).

Greg

then ? why, when I try, only the VST'i...s are recording into wav? when I do it with normal VST, the FREEZE is coming or rendering blank? and the wav is recorded but empty......?

thanks

Greg

then ? why, when I try, only the VST'i...s are recording into wav? when I do it with normal VST, the FREEZE is coming or rendering blank? and the wav is recorded but empty......?

what is your setup? Which VST's? Which monitoring mode are you using? Are you working in economy or hybrid mode or...?

MIDI tracks with VST's should freeze. Audio tracks with VST effects should freeze with the effects added. Effects on aux tracks I THINK should also freeze.

Did you try freezing directly from the VST manager?

Greg

what is your setup? Which VST's? Which monitoring mode are you using? Are you working in economy or hybrid mode or...? in Hybrid mode, normally, having a Dual core machine and Win XP

MIDI tracks with VST's should freeze. Audio tracks with VST effects should freeze with the effects added. Effects on aux tracks I THINK should also freeze.

Here we are, and thanks to clarify for me...Midi track use VST's and Audio track use VST effects....then ? we can't have VST effect on Midi tracks...?

Did you try freezing directly from the VST manager?

NO, not yet, coming later...and Thanks Greg, a big thanks :lol:

Greg