Installed Samp V10.1 Pro Tonight And ......well

bottomsup

and am all registered so if i can be added to the other main forum that would be great

some issues i have right off the bat

1) none of the Magix plugins show up, the main ones do, but the ammunition and all the other suites do not, and i scanned magix PLUGIN folder and when i go to C: program files/magix/plugins etc i see the DLL's for ammunition and all the others. how do i get them to show up????? in the demo they are in their own catagory

2) melodyne plugin will not transfer any data from the one track i used it on, it shows up and i hit the transfer button and then hit play, and when its done, nothing transfers, is there an issue with melodyne plugin in samp v 10.1? it works fine in sonar 7PE and Cubase 4.5.2 and Reaper

3) I set up my M24 as 3 Mackie HUI's, set them to the proper audio devices, exactly as i had in the demo and as i was told from mixed logic, it all worked perfect UNITL this version. now when i set it to audio device, audio device 2, and audio device 3, offset 8, 3 mackie hui's, samp actully dissapears, not a crash just poof , gone

4) i still cannot get amplitube to even play on a track, i set it on an audio track as an insert, load it and i see input and output in the meters, but no sound at all, checked it in cubase, plays fine

i have been thru the video's, read the manual over and over for the sections i need to use, am not a noob and have cubase 4, Sonar PE 7, reaper, and had saw etc all up and working fine. cubase 4, and sonar 7pe still work just fine with the above, minus the samp plugs

i got everything else set up and tested fine but these are major sticking points i listed

and

5) i had to rescan my cubase vst folder twice to get my waves plugs to show up, then they disappeared, then re scan and they are back. not cool

also many of my plugs are showing up double?? doesn't happen in cubase or sonar

spec's

XP home, tweakd for audio, no anti virus, or internet

quad core q6600 2.4 ghz

4 gigs ram

4 500 gig seagate 7200 rpm HD's

yamaha n12 sound card, works fine so far in samp, everythign set up perfect and plays perfect, 44.1/24/128 to record, 512 or 1024 to mix

i really need help with my controller, samp plugs, melodyne and amplitube.

also there doesn't seem to be alot of action on this forum so support here worries me to

any help would be appreciated

and am all registered so if i can be added to the other main forum that would be great

some issues i have right off the bat

1) none of the Magix plugins show up, the main ones do, but the ammunition and all the other suites do not, and i scanned magix PLUGIN folder and when i go to C: program files/magix/plugins etc i see the DLL's for ammunition and all the others. how do i get them to show up????? in the demo they are in their own catagory

2) melodyne plugin will not transfer any data from the one track i used it on, it shows up and i hit the transfer button and then hit play, and when its done, nothing transfers, is there an issue with melodyne plugin in samp v 10.1? it works fine in sonar 7PE and Cubase 4.5.2 and Reaper

3) I set up my M24 as 3 Mackie HUI's, set them to the proper audio devices, exactly as i had in the demo and as i was told from mixed logic, it all worked perfect UNITL this version. now when i set it to audio device, audio device 2, and audio device 3, offset 8, 3 mackie hui's, samp actully dissapears, not a crash just poof , gone

4) i still cannot get amplitube to even play on a track, i set it on an audio track as an insert, load it and i see input and output in the meters, but no sound at all, checked it in cubase, plays fine

i have been thru the video's, read the manual over and over for the sections i need to use, am not a noob and have cubase 4, Sonar PE 7, reaper, and had saw etc all up and working fine. cubase 4, and sonar 7pe still work just fine with the above, minus the samp plugs

i got everything else set up and tested fine but these are major sticking points i listed

and

5) i had to rescan my cubase vst folder twice to get my waves plugs to show up, then they disappeared, then re scan and they are back. not cool

also many of my plugs are showing up double?? doesn't happen in cubase or sonar

spec's

XP home, tweakd for audio, no anti virus, or internet

quad core q6600 2.4 ghz

4 gigs ram

4 500 gig seagate 7200 rpm HD's

yamaha n12 sound card, works fine so far in samp, everythign set up perfect and plays perfect, 44.1/24/128 to record, 512 or 1024 to mix

i really need help with my controller, samp plugs, melodyne and amplitube.

also there doesn't seem to be alot of action on this forum so support here worries me to

any help would be appreciated

Hi,

I changed your forum registration;you should be able to post in the other forums now.

One initial recommendation I have is to download and install 10.2;which does have some changes are far as controller options,etc.

Some of the other issues,like certain Magix plugins not being available,sound like they may be ini-related.Have you tried resetting any ini files?

Are you using a midi merger to get all three M24 midi outputs into the Yamaha N12?

What firewire controller is installed in your PC?

(I am sending you a support ticket as well.)

Regards,

George

Hi,

I changed your forum registration;you should be able to post in the other forums now.

One initial recommendation I have is to download and install 10.2;which does have some changes are far as controller options,etc.

Some of the other issues,like certain Magix plugins not being available,sound like they may be ini-related.Have you tried resetting any ini files?

Are you using a midi merger to get all three M24 midi outputs into the Yamaha N12?

What firewire controller is installed in your PC?

(I am sending you a support ticket as well.)

Regards,

George

Hi George

thanks for registering me!

i will download and install 10.2 tonight and see how it goes. if i still have the issues i will do what you say in the ticket. just some more info for you

the magix plugins do not show up in the mixer drop down box under plugins either, however the DLL's are in the file i pointed out above so it looks like they installed fine. i will try the INI fix you suggest if 10.2 does not fix this

the M24 is USB connected to the PC, it runs off this USB connection only. it worked fine with 3 banks of 8 in the demo version.

the yamah n12 is my FW device and sound card. it runs my ASIO drivers etc and all my inputs and outputs.

by they way samp's elastic audio looks great, i may not even need melodyne after learning it, but would still like to get it to work.

anyway, i will try all that out AND the amplitube suggestions, i think i forgot to check the right monitoring option and will do so tonight

thanks!

tim

Hi George

Worked like a charm, I pulled the INI files out, both of them and re booted samp. The M24 works great except it won't save my settings so every time I open up samp I have to set it back up again, any ideas on this? basically I set up HUI, offset 8, set it to audio device, hit apply and ok, the first 8 jump on the m24, then another HUI, offset 8, audio device 2, apply ok the next 8 jump, then HUI a third time, offset 8, audio device 3, apply, ok and now all 24 are working

I got my 24 track template setup how I wanted with this config for the hardware controller and did a "save as template" and named it 24. Closed samp, reopened it with the 24 template and I have to set up my hardware controller again

Now when I open hardware controller, I see all 3 HUI's, however the first HUI is now set to audio device 3 and the last 8 controllers jump to life, and the audio device 2 and 3 are blank

So any help with this would be great

all my plugs and stuff are showing up INCLUDING the magix ones!

I then upgraded to 10.2 and got it all going there, that had a couple of issues at first but again trashing the INI files seems to have fixed it

One thing I notice though is 10.2 seems to hesitate, when I hit say hardware controller it pauses for a couple of seconds and when I click say HUI again a couple second pause, that wasn't happening in 10.1 which was instantaneous. So I am defragging and gonna check it out later and see what the deal is

Oh you were right about the monitoring for amplitube, it works great now also

Thanks a ton for the help I am now ready to begin recording my new stuff