Hardware Controller Mapping?

I am using an mpk49. All the keys, pads, mw and transport controls work great.

It does have 8 assignable knobs, sliders and buttons though, that I would love to assign, but have tried everything myself but just can't figure it out.

I hope someone can help and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It does have 8 assignable knobs, sliders and buttons though, that I would love to assign, but have tried everything myself but just can't figure it out.

how far have you got? its actually not too hard. only thing is if you just want to control just the active track you need to tick all the ...follows... options and set your track count to 1. thats in the hardware controller setup page in the options. first you need to add #empty and then start customizing.

how far have you got? its actually not too hard. only thing is if you just want to control just the active track you need to tick all the ...follows... options and set your track count to 1. thats in the hardware controller setup page in the options. first you need to add #empty and then start customizing.

Thanks for the reply.

Haven't got too far. I am on the hardware controller page added a #empty then I am on the "customize controller" page but not sure what to do.

I assume I click on program function and pick what I want to control like "fader master" but not sure how to assign or map a fader to it.

Thanks!!

I got all the volume faders assigned to the akai sliders and it works great but can't assign the knobs and buttons on the akai. Not sure why not because I am doing it the same way I did the faders.

edit got the buttons working. Going back to the knobs this must be somthing stupid. Will update.

I got all the volume faders assigned to the akai sliders and it works great but can't assign the knobs and buttons on the akai. Not sure why not because I am doing it the same way I did the faders.

edit got the buttons working. Going back to the knobs this must be somthing stupid. Will update.

if your knobs are endless encoders (they turn infinitely in either direction) you need to select the "endless option." if the buttons are the kind you hit once to turn something on, then again to turn it off, you need to select the "state button" option. select these options before you press "learn." hope that works

also, you might have to explore ways of changing the parameters associated with the control in question if thats possible on the controller itself. but certain controls, need endless encoders to controll them, like selecting tracks or something. but pans or eq gains will work with with standard +/- knobs. eq freq needs an encoder. on my remote sl, i have to set the encoders as "apot" for them to work.