I Am Loving Being Back!

FLOW4JC

What up peeps? I been a Sam user since V8 and just recently upgraded to V10. I had stepped away from Sam because I was impressed with the amount of resources and tutorials that other DAWs had available for learning their products. After working in a studio that runs Nuendo, I decided to go Cubase. I actually took a course for free and got a whole lot of training using Cubase SX3 and C4. Actually the courses helped you learn the skills to be able to unlock nearly any DAW or hardware studio situation you might encounter. After using Cubase 4 all last year I still hungered for Sam. I went ahead and upgraded to V10.2 and haven't looked back. C4 has quite a bit more midi features than Sam, but the more I work with Sam the more I am finding out that I can do what I need to do midi wise in Sam. I am not sure if the midi features are that much better in V10.2 or if the fact that I had learned somethings that gave me the confidence to maneuver around any DAW had more to do with me falling back in love with Sam. Most of my production involves midi. I may start a track out on the MPC and a rack module, save the sequence as a midi file, import it to Sam and open Battery 3 for the drums and either my NI Komplete 5 plugins or IK Multimedia Total Studio plugins for the sounds. Some catz feel like thatz the long way around, but I can get top quality sound without having to track into Sam, just match my sounds and go. This works well for me. Anyway just felt like posting after spending about a month with V10.2.

be blessed,

Thanks for sharing your experience :)

And yes, there were quite a lot small MIDI enhancements between V9 and V10.2 :blink:

That's another thing that I really like about this user community is the friendly communication among users. I spent a significant amount of time on Cubase and Reason forums as far as software forums and a lot of those posts consisted of complaints about the program and disses toward the developers. It got to a point that I just stopped even foolin with em. Don't get me wrong there were some on the site that were really there to help build a solid community of communication and growth but the negative catz seemed to be posting the most (Guess the positve catz were busy makin music LOL). Eventhough I am sure that there are those among the Sam community who complain and make you wonder why they still here (and still upgrading) but for the most part I feel a really positive atmosphere on this forum.

stay focused and be faithful,

ahmad