Ot - Pc Dies

32Note

I have two PC's. One I had since 2005 and used for various work up until a year ago when I purchased a new dual core. Actually, I had it built and configured for audio/midi recording. The first PC I used solely for internet and that puppy went blank tonight!

I lost some old work I believe but will not know until I take it back to the man who built it. There are two drives, one for the OS and the other for storing my work. I am praying that the "F" drive was saved from mass extinction and only the CD was effected.

Samplitude is safe and sound on me newest PC and backed up every week.

Wish me luck!

It's up and running again with not a bit of work lost! Everything on the F drive was unaffected but what shocked me all the programs and software was recovered back to their normal running state! Our IT person is not in today so I'll have to wait for tomorrow and ask what was found.

So, I guess this makes me happier today, yes?

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, since I last reported on my demise, the PC unfortunately failed permanently. However, I am happy to report upgrades on motherboard, power supply, memory, video card, and a new HD (that makes three) which the old C drive was turned into a slave and thus all my work was saved but the applications are gone. I have a few of the original disc and can re-install the applications but I think I'll just start new and just use this PC for internet.

As far as it being cold here, yes but it's a trade off from the treat of earthquakes I guess. However, I think I may like to be warm and shaken once in a while than cold and shaking 10 months out of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn thing died on me again Friday! :( Back to the tech again this morning! This time I think the new video card died.

It's a good thing I have another and backup as well as my recent purchase of an iMac! If this keeps up I'll have my own Computer store! :)