Audio Help With Samplitude

bradford28

Hi

I have just started using a version of Samplitude 10 and I am trying to configure the audio settings. I have an audigy SE soundcard. In the system settings I have tried all sorts of settings for Asio driver and without asio driver. However I cannot get a proper sound quality. With any vst instrument loaded it will sound when I play a note but only in a distorted gated type effect. I thought this might be to do with buffer settings but I have altered them repeatedly without any success. Can anyone suggest how to get the sound to function properly? What other settings should I adjust? Thanks very much for any guidance.

Hi

I have just started using a version of Samplitude 10 and I am trying to configure the audio settings. I have an audigy SE soundcard. In the system settings I have tried all sorts of settings for Asio driver and without asio driver. However I cannot get a proper sound quality. With any vst instrument loaded it will sound when I play a note but only in a distorted gated type effect. I thought this might be to do with buffer settings but I have altered them repeatedly without any success. Can anyone suggest how to get the sound to function properly? What other settings should I adjust? Thanks very much for any guidance.

Hi,

What version of Samplitude 10 are you using?

Which OS are you using?

Which buffer settings did you adjust?

Are you using the latest version of the Audigy SE driver?(1.04.0077)

Regards,

George

Thanks for your reply. After running some checks it seems my Asio driver is not being recognised, not by other programs either. I'm pretty sure the Audigy SE is an Asio card but I have had some difficulties getting it working with music software. I downloaded a new driver a couple of weeks ago. I am not clear how to configure the card to enable the Asio driver to be recognised. Any suggestions? I suppose Asio4all would work with samplitude.

Thanks for your reply. After running some checks it seems my Asio driver is not being recognised, not by other programs either. I'm pretty sure the Audigy SE is an Asio card but I have had some difficulties getting it working with music software. I downloaded a new driver a couple of weeks ago. I am not clear how to configure the card to enable the Asio driver to be recognised. Any suggestions? I suppose Asio4all would work with samplitude.

Hi,

Try opening a 48k VIP;there maybe a sample rate limitation to the Audigy SE's asio driver.

You could also try using the Magix Low Latency 2008 Asio driver,then launch the control panel and select the Audigy SE as the audio device.

Regards,

George

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is a bit old, but here's a reply anyway.

OP, I can almost assure you the problem is buffer-related. If the buffer on your soundcard is set too low or high, you'll get the weird, choppy, distorted sound you're describing.

If you're using a WDM or other Windows-based driver, your buffer will have to be set significantly higher than if you're using ASIO. When I used WDM, I believe I had mine set to around 5,000.

If you use ASIO, which is recommended, it can be much lower. 512 or 256, even.

If you're not getting sound when using ASIO4ALL, try tweaking the settings from within ASIO's GUI. I've found that you have to enable and/or disable some aspects of your sound card to get sound sometimes. For example, on my laptop, I have to disable SPDIF output, enable HIGH-DEFINITION SPEAKER output, and make sure they both have the green, lit-up "power" icons next to them.

Just play around with ASIO, I assure you it'll work great when you figure it out!

Oh, and also, CLOSE ALL OTHER AUDIO-RELATED PROGRAMS BEFORE OPENING SAMPLITUDE. This includes iTunes, Winamp, etc.!