Samplitude 10 On Windows 7 64-bit?

hxcobd

I'm sure there are probably 600 threads on this topic, but I didn't happen to see any in search, so I apologize.

A friend had a demo version of Samplitude 10.0.0.0, so I tried to give it a shot on my system here... I'm on Windows 7 beta, build 7000.

The installer would not even run, saying it was not compatible with "Unknown," which I assumed meant "Windows 7."

I ended up running the installer in Vista compatibility mode, and it worked out just fine, and then the program EXE itself (SAM10_E.exe) worked fine without using a compatibility mode.

Will the installer for a newer build of Samplitude 10 work natively in Windows 7 64-bit?

More importantly, does it matter? Samplitude seems to be running okay at the moment, but I'd obviously like to avoid compatibility issues and provide the best possible performance for Samplitude.

Thanks a bunch!

EDIT- Also, I went through all of the steps in the Samplitude forum for running in 64-bit. They did not solve my problem. The only thing that allowed the installer to run was running it in Vista compatibility mode right within Windows.

I'm sure there are probably 600 threads on this topic, but I didn't happen to see any in search, so I apologize.

A friend had a demo version of Samplitude 10.0.0.0, so I tried to give it a shot on my system here... I'm on Windows 7 beta, build 7000.

The installer would not even run, saying it was not compatible with "Unknown," which I assumed meant "Windows 7."

I ended up running the installer in Vista compatibility mode, and it worked out just fine, and then the program EXE itself (SAM10_E.exe) worked fine without using a compatibility mode.

Will the installer for a newer build of Samplitude 10 work natively in Windows 7 64-bit?

More importantly, does it matter? Samplitude seems to be running okay at the moment, but I'd obviously like to avoid compatibility issues and provide the best possible performance for Samplitude.

Thanks a bunch!

EDIT- Also, I went through all of the steps in the Samplitude forum for running in 64-bit. They did not solve my problem. The only thing that allowed the installer to run was running it in Vista compatibility mode right within Windows.

http://support.magix.net/boards/samplitude...mp;hl=windows+7

search "windows 7"

Windows 7 is a beta and yet things seem good. I'm sure it will be fine when the time and release comes. :P

Thanks, Roger.

Pity people seem to be running into so many problems with Samplitude and Sequoia in 7. Luckily, it looks like most of the problems revolve around burning CDs and such, which I don't generally bother doing within a DAW anyway.

I suppose only time will tell how well Samplitude ends up working in 7 for me.

Just seems weird to me that such an expensive DAW wouldn't be inherently compatible with 7... I've had no problems installing or running any other DAW in 7 yet, and I've tried a whole bunch of them, even the smaller, "no-name" ones.

There are LAA versions of 10.1 and 10.2 available that are running fine here, and I know a few others having good success with Vista 64.

So, for the future, it should be OK - and we should all get some extra horsepower available as the plugin guys and driver guys continue to get on board.

Greg