Automatic Crossfade Betwen Traks?

siehorst

Hi, just looking for a new software:

is it possible to perform automatic crossfade between two clips that are part of two different traks?

horst

Yes, pretty much, but you'd need to temporarily group the two objects (ctrl+click/highlight) and then treat it that way.

Ideally you can also just set a range (highlighted region) and add in a crossfade within the range using the crossfade editor.

When in snap-to-object mode you can also bump the two neighboring objects together to get the crossfade (similar to video editing).

Lots of options.

Greg

Hi Greg,

ok, I think, I'm doing something wrong:

- I higlight the two clips

- Group them (both keep that orange colour)

- But clicking at 'Crossfade editor' will change the color of the first clip to grey and after applying the fading only appears with the second clip.

horst

One way:

Try changing to object mode, and also change snap mode to objects. Turn snap on.

Then try smashing the two objects together (you don't have to group objects ahead of time)

The other way (again, no need to group objects).

Highlight a range overlapping the edges of the two objects.

Open the crossfade editor and adjust settings. The crossfade should appear within the range (if that's you have it set). You can then adjust the points by dragging them with the mouse.

It's in the help file :P

Greg

It's in the help file ;)

Greg,

Yes, I've read the help file forward and backward, layed it under my pillow - but I don't understand what is going on :-( .

Nothing works like I'm expecting:

As far as I've seen it with many other DAWs overlapping of two clips (the same trak) would perform a simple crossfade.

I'm not able to perform that. Sometimes I manage to perform a kind of crossfade by using the Crossfade Editor but not within the beginning / end of the overlappping part of the two clips. And after that, when moving the clips in the way that there is no overlapping, there is a fade in / out remaining with the clips.

I don't understand the whole sytem of crossfading with samplitude, sorry.

horst

Sorry to hear it's still not working for you.

If you're a registered Samplitude owner, then you can post on the main forum, and see if anyone can offer more help than I can.

I've retested the auto-crossfade mode here in V10.21, and it seems to be working as intended. Otherwise, when I have some more time, I'll retest some more to see if there's a missing step somewhere.

Greg

Good morning Greg,

thank's for your efforts.

No, till now I'm not a registred samplitude owner: I'm just looking for a new DAW, I've used Mackie's traktion but that one seem to be dead.

So, there are three DAWs that are of further intrest:

Samplitude

REAPER

sonar

and I've three features that I compare between the three.

1. Crossfade between two clips in different traks. Interesting issue. None ist supporting that in a direct way but with a little trick reaper is doing, sonar nearly and samplitude ... I don't know ;-)

2. Routing of the filter and effects. I'm rather sad to miss the way traktion does. That is really impressing easy.

3. Templates for filters and chain effects: You will say: just save as presets. No, I would like to have the used filters absolutely depending on the presets: when changing a preset, all the used filter that have initial used the same preset will follow ( for example just the way microsoft word is using the templates: changing the *.dot will chand the depending *.doc). But that is a feature none of the three is supporting (as fas as I know).

I believe, I'have to mix all the three by myself (lol) , horst

Good morning Greg,

thank's for your efforts.

No, till now I'm not a registred samplitude owner: I'm just looking for a new DAW, I've used Mackie's traktion but that one seem to be dead.

So, there are three DAWs that are of further intrest:

Samplitude

REAPER

sonar

and I've three features that I compare between the three.

1. Crossfade between two clips in different traks. Interesting issue. None ist supporting that in a direct way but with a little trick reaper is doing, sonar nearly and samplitude ... I don't know ;-)

2. Routing of the filter and effects. I'm rather sad to miss the way traktion does. That is really impressing easy.

3. Templates for filters and chain effects: You will say: just save as presets. No, I would like to have the used filters absolutely depending on the presets: when changing a preset, all the used filter that have initial used the same preset will follow ( for example just the way microsoft word is using the templates: changing the *.dot will chand the depending *.doc). But that is a feature none of the three is supporting (as fas as I know).

I believe, I'have to mix all the three by myself (lol) , horst

Not sure yet what else to suggest re: crossfades since I can't see what you're doing.

Effects can be routed pre/post, and shared via aux bus, and...

...if I understand you correctly, effects can be grouped and setup inside each track/mixer channel, and then saved as a group preset that can be also loaded later on via a template VIP (or whatever), or merely calling up the fx preset. If you assign a preset to an object, you can clone it across other objects, or group objects and have all of them respond (depending on which effect, etc.). I have effect groups setup as fx insert/presets for guitar, vocals, drums, bass, etc.

Good luck,

Greg