Split Midi Notes To Seperate Tracks

wickett

hi Greg,

use 'Demix MIDI objects by MIDI channel'

I've never tried it, but it's interesting. "Midi channel' must be understood as "Midi notes" in this case ?

In a logical way, Demix by Midi channel would be to demix a single object coming from a single *.mid file, no ? If I have a object with only a piano in it, on the channel 1, is this function will demix this object by Notes ??

best

Phil

hi frank,

thanx, that was I thought...

Well, for the initial question, another solution is selecting each note pitch by double-click on each note line, and then, one by one, copy on a new midi object... workaround too...

best

Phil

• 2 years later...

hi frank,

Well, for the initial question, another solution is selecting each note pitch by double-click on each note line, and then, one by one, copy on a new midi object... workaround too...

best

Phil

hi frank,

best

Phil

Hi Phil

After many hours, I've found another workaround is to copy the midi drums track (Roland V drums, all on channel 10) - one copy for each drum/cymbal - and then solo each (drum/cymbal)track in the midi drum editor. You have to open the drum editor, solo the instrument and then close it for each track. This saves highlighting and deleting. It also means that tracks can be re-combined if needed by selecting a second solo track in the midi editor. This works in Music Studio 16 (and many thanks for suggesting that I buy it!)

All the best Roger (Chris Henry and BBs)

hi frank,

best

Phil

Hi Phil

After many hours, I've found another workaround is to copy the midi drums track (Roland V drums, all on channel 10) - one copy for each drum/cymbal - and then solo each (drum/cymbal)track in the midi drum editor. You have to open the drum editor, solo the instrument and then close it for each track. This saves highlighting and deleting. It also means that tracks can be re-combined if needed by selecting a second solo track in the midi editor. This works in Music Studio 16 (and many thanks for suggesting that I buy it!)

All the best Roger (Chris Henry and BBs)

hi Roger !! how are you ? nice to see you here, it's a great place to learn about Samplitude. I don't remember if I had talked about Kraznet videos, which are awesome (search for Kraznet on Youtube).

BTW, I have no news about Chris...we should finish this album... ;)

cheers

Phil