wickett

Impossible To Use Samplitude For Tracking

Hi

I just tried to record a a song for a friend.

I recorded his guitar and added guitar rig for distortion.

Then tried to record bass but there was a clicking sound coming from the input.

I changed monitor mode to hardware monitoring and the clicks went away.

However I can only hear guitar rig when using Mixer FX Monitoring / Hybrid Engine.

Then I tried to record his vocals and could not hear their sound in the monitors or headphones.

I had to record him without using headphones so he could hear himself.

I could monitor the vocals when using the Mixer FX Monitoring / Hybrid Engine but the latency was too high.

Also the waveform display of the vocals were not visible unless I normalised the track.

I am finding it impossible to use Samplitude for tracking. I never had these problems with cubase.

It's a shame because I like a lot of things about the program but with cubase I simply set the levels and go.

I have probably missed something.

My PC is a quad core with 3 gigs of ram with a fireface 800.

High enough specs for cubase but apparently not for Samplitude.

I just found that I need to set the sync on my focusrite preamp. This gets rid of the clicks.

I dont think using guitar rig is an option for tracking - I'll need an external processor to make this work.

adjust buffer settings in Samplitude to get rid of latency on vocals when tracking.

I use hybrid engine exclusively, and never have issues with one plugin or another not working while tracking or vice versa.

Guitar Rig will work as an insert on a track, and should play back just fine when recording from external sources.

You may need to turn on monitoring mode on the GR tracks while recording vocals, etc.

Greg

Many of us have tracked for years with Samplitude.

My only night in recording hell was spent with Cubase. You are in a much better world here, trust me.

Double-check your settings (i.e. make sure "playback while record" is checked. I'm away from Samplitude right now. It's something close to that)

You've got plenty of juice.

You may need to confirm your output assignments and whatever additional software or hardware mixer settings you've got. Sometimes it takes awhile to ideally configure a whole setup. But there is no problem tracking in Samplitude!

To track with effects, you need to make sure you've optimized your buffer settings and minimized your latency.

Craig ;)

Did you look at the optimization guide pin up. You just need to make some configuration adjustments. Incidently what version of samplitude are you running?

Did you look at the optimization guide pin up. You just need to make some configuration adjustments. Incidently what version of samplitude are you running?

I have looked at the guide and am now not sure if i should us ASIO or what?

v10

I have looked at the guide and am now not sure if i should us ASIO or what?

v10

Yes, use ASIO.

And ensure you have installed the latest patch (= 10.2.1)

with cubase I simply set the levels and go.

yea but i bet it wasnt like that from the start was it?! cubase was a total nightmare before i learned it properly. and setting up all the ins and outs for each device couldnt have been more stupidly complicated. just one of the reasons i stopped using it...