K-Slash

Samplitude 11 And Vita

Hi guys,

As I plan to purchase Samplitude 11 Professional when released, and saw the news about the new and enhanced features, I have a question.

I see that there are 3 virtual instruments shipped with it : Revolta 2, Beatbox 2, and VITA...

So I made a search about these, and my question is about VITA.

So it's a basic sample-player with no edition possibilities, and that comes with a VERY LIMITED soundset...

But what about the sound of the instruments in VITA ? Are they crap, ok, good ? And what are exactly the included ones ?

Thanks.

Hi K-Slash ,

The Vita instumenst are basically the same ones that come with Samplitude Music Studio . One of the reasons they are included in V11 is allow cross compatability of songs when moving between SMS and Samp Pro . So the Vita intruments have been around for awhile . The samples are mainly created by Yellow Tools AKAIK as is the playback engine . I think the strings sounds are from Kirk Hunter . Sorry I can't be more specific as I haven't used them much myself but they are fine for composing songs with . I'm away from my studio for a few days but when I get back I'll check a few of the sounds out so I can give you a better report .

Regards

Kraznet

Thank you for the clarification.

I thought they would add some more in that area for the "Pro" users, like an enhanced player/editor, and a BIG quality library.

I thank Cakewalk for this, as they added Dimension Pro for free to the Sonar 8 Producer Edition.

MAGIX, please listen :).

The VITA instruments are NOT Multi Out, AFAIK, at least not in SMS14.

That means you cannot control every instrument of a drumkit in VITA.

If they want to make it a good VST instrument it should be multi out.

Vita's sound quality ain't half bad - actually very good quality pianos, strings, and drums overall IMO.

I've used it MS for 'sketchpadding', and then swap in other instruments in Samplitude.

The 'object' synth approach is kinda nice. I like the drop-in-and-go-to-work idea.

Multi-out would be nice. Same for Robota and the others.

Greg

Vita's sound quality ain't half bad - actually very good quality pianos, strings, and drums overall IMO.

I've used it MS for 'sketchpadding', and then swap in other instruments in Samplitude.

The 'object' synth approach is kinda nice. I like the drop-in-and-go-to-work idea.

Multi-out would be nice. Same for Robota and the others.

Greg

So Beatbox 2 in Samp 11 is not multi out right?

So Beatbox 2 in Samp 11 is not multi out right?

correct. BB2 is not multi-out.

edit> however you can obviously use multiple instances and also take advantage of the object-based nature of the plugin.

Greg

Edited by siriusbliss