Newbie Needs Help W/samp 12 & Ez Drummer

minerman

Hello everyone,

Recently purchased Samplitude Music Studio 12 & have some issues. I use EZ Drummer, & can get it to play my MIDI tracks, but I want each drum in its own channel. IE: Kick channel 1, Snare channel 2, etc. I downloaded a multi-out template, but honestly have no idea how or where to put & use. I guess I need a step by step tutorial on using the multi-out template from Toontrack in Samp 12. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Hello everyone,

Recently purchased Samplitude Music Studio 12 & have some issues. I use EZ Drummer, & can get it to play my MIDI tracks, but I want each drum in its own channel. IE: Kick channel 1, Snare channel 2, etc. I downloaded a multi-out template, but honestly have no idea how or where to put & use. I guess I need a step by step tutorial on using the multi-out template from Toontrack in Samp 12. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

I can't really be comprehensive because I don't have that version of Samplitude, but here's my two cents....

First, are you stipulating a multi-out setup from within EZDrummer, from the Mixer page, down by the outputs? That's important. Also, do you not get the opportunity to choose multiple tracks out of the VSTi when you create the new track in Samplitude?

Lastly, you might check out Kraznet's very cool tutorial videos, particularly the one on making Jamstix work in Samplitude. That one might answer your questions.

Cheers.

Thanks Empty Planet & luap,

Empty Planet: That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but I'm a bit lost in Samplitude. I'd say that most versions of this software are basically the same (I guess). When I select the multi-out in the EZ Drummer mixer, the tracks change to 1,2,3,4 etc. but only in the EZ Drummer mixer. I don't see an option for multi-output when I make a new track in Samp.

luap: I downloaded & saved the template in my documents, but I don't know where in Samp 12 to put the template. Any help with where to install the template would be appreciated & might solve my problem.

Thanks for you replies, still looking to resolve this!!

Hi minerman,

Recently purchased Samplitude Music Studio 12 & have some issues.

Can you clarify the exact version you have ? There no such thing as Samplitude Music Studio 12 . The first version with this name was V14 and the latest is 15 . If you let me know and providing I have the version you have I will try and do a tutorial to help.

Regards

Kraznet

Thanks Kraznet!

The disc says "Music Studio 12 Deluxe", sorry for the mixup, a tutorial for this would be awesome!!! I probablycan figure the rest of the program out, I've been using Cubase LE4 for almost a year, & statred using Reaper a couple months ago. Thanks for your reply, looking forward to hearing from you!!!

Hi Moon,

Music Studio 12 was the first version using the Samplitude engine.

But it cannot do multi VST out

Thanks for the clarification .

Hi minerman,

V15 as it has many improvements so it's definitely the way to go . It would make a lot more sense for me to do a turorial using that version anyway . I'll keep you posted .

Regards

Kraznet