chasm144

How To Import Audiotracks Without Losing Position?

I have tried to import audiotracks that originally is exported from cubase, however, when I import the tracks using "load audio" all of the audiofiles gets totaly out of position and I have to snap

every single clip and rearrange them. this takes tremendous amount of time and is really frustrating, can anyone help me out?

Regards

/Robin

hi,

these tracks were not exported with the same "zero" start point ? if not, I'm afraid you need to rearrange all of them...

There's a function in Samp called "original time position" but I don't know if it works with objects exported from another DAW...

best

Phil

There's a function in Samp called "original time position" but I don't know if it works with objects exported from another DAW...

Yes, timestamping otherwise know as the AES31 BWF file (Broadcast Wave File) standard, is an option with a number of DAW's, Nuendo for sure and I assume Cubase. You will likely have to do a fair bit of track rearrangement and of course the whole file rather than selected sections will be loaded but at least all the objects (BWF's) you import will be placed at the time position stored in the file.

If you want your objects as trimmed and possibly moved from their original position and having them placed on a specific named track track; then you will need session translating software.

Like SSL Pro Convert or the one I have been beta testing for months AATranslator.

http://www.aatranslator.com.au/

AATranslator price cut to US $39

AATranslator is an application which can convert a session from one DAW to another and this includes Sequoia, Samplitude, Reaper, Audition, Cubase, Nuendo, Vegas, Sadie, Pyramix, Logic, DAR, n-Track, Fairlight, Soundtrack and any that use OpenTL or AES-31.

We have spent over four months on this and are pretty happy with what we have achieved so far, however, it is clear that our abilities lay in analysis, design, programming & testing and not marketing or sales.

We think that AATranslator is a pretty good program. Sure its not perfect very few are and for sure things are tough out there yet we still want everyone to be able to experience this application.

So before we move too much further down the adding ProTools conversion path and in

the spirit of 'give a bit get a bit' we have decided to drop the price to $39USD!

But being good guys we have not only dropped the price but have offered all existing buyers of AATranslator a refund of the difference in their purchase price.

I don't think we could be any fairer than that!

While AATranslator makes no claims to converting everything it does do quiet a lot!

So download a full function (limited track capability) demo copy, try it and then support us in supporting you.

http://www.aatranslator.com.au/

Michael & John

best

Phil

This works. Assuming that the source application has filled the time stamp filed in the BEXT chunk of the BWF file according to the source position.

-S

If you still have access to Cubase, consolidate each track file from end to beginning of the time-line that way they all have the same start time.

Export the track files (should be one per track now)

Then import them into Samp.

Hope this helps.

Yes, try exporting all tracks as one contiguous wav file out of Cubase and drop them into Samplitude. They SHOULD all line up to 00:00

I do this as sort of a lazy way of bringing in tracks from several other DAW's.

Greg