Ayon

Versions of Samplitude

HI All

New to the forum.

Just trying out Samplitude Music Studio 15, certainly like it so far...

But I'd be interested to know exactly how Sam. MS15 compares to the 'full' Sam 11Pro (apart from the obvious price difference :blink: )

I've found comparison charts comparing the various Sam Pro editions (9 vs 10, vs 11 vs Seq etc) But nothing that compares MS15 to Pro.

Anyone know where I should look?

Cheers

Ayon

They musta taken down the old list comparing all Samplitude versions.

Well, mainly MS is a scaled down Pro. Take away Ammunition, number of VST's per channel, enhanced time stretch, and a ton of other 'deeper' features, and you get Music Studio. :blink:

Maybe someone will post the old list showing the comparisons.

Greg

They musta taken down the old list comparing all Samplitude versions.

Well, mainly MS is a scaled down Pro. Take away Ammunition, number of VST's per channel, enhanced time stretch, and a ton of other 'deeper' features, and you get Music Studio. :blink:

Maybe someone will post the old list showing the comparisons.

Greg

Hi Greg

Thanks for your reply.

Off the top of your head do you happen to know what the limit is on the number of VST's per channel is?

Ayon

MountainKing already pointed out the main differences.

Some more:

In music studio you cannot change the fx order. Max. samplerate is 48 kHz.

No revolver tracks (playlist-switching on tracks), no take composer (extended record take management).

No options for restauration suite or AAF/OMF import/export add-ons. No support for external audio fx devices to be integrated.

Music studio doesn't have Groove Quantize, no Audio Quantize, some fx are not included ( EQ116, sMax, Variverb, realtime Roomsimulator, full versions of am-phibia, am-track, am-pulse), no MIDI Velocity Dynamics, no DVD-burning, no videotrack. No routing manager (but track manager, vsti manager, ...)

Of course music studio offers already a lot for the money: there are many fx and soft synths included, MS16 will also include Vandal SE, automation, full latency compensation, MIDI editing also with score and drum editor, the original samplitude 32 bit float Audio engine, ...

Greetings,

Frank

Hi Guys thanks for your replies :blink:

I've just discovered that MS16 is available on German, but not yet in English, but I assume it's due very soon...

I must say I'm a bit miffed as I've only just bought MS15 (came today via Amazon.co.uk)

Will it be possible for users of MS15 to upgrade to MS16, or will we have to buy it anew?

(I know I'm moving off topic, but if anyone can answer this I'd really appreciate it :P )

Ayon

The program is too cheap to offer upgrade deals (at least historically). :blink:

Plus usually the English version is several months after the German release.

Greg

Nutclusters!!

If I'd have known I'd have waited :blink: nevermind...

Ayon

Hey, at least you'll get going with the program.

It does everything a good inexpensive DAW should do (IMO).

You can always contact one of the distributors off the Samplitude.com website and see if there are any upgrade deals available, but I think Music Studio (and Music Maker) are distributed via Magix directly.

Greg

Well as a recent escapee from the evil realms of Sony's ACID pro I must say I'm really impressed with SM15 and it cost a hell of a lot less than ACID!

Ayon

Well as a recent escapee from the evil realms of Sony's ACID pro I must say I'm really impressed with SM15 and it cost a hell of a lot less than ACID!

Ayon

and you can even use your Acid loops in MS15. :blink:

Greg

HI All

New to the forum.

Just trying out Samplitude Music Studio 15, certainly like it so far...

But I'd be interested to know exactly how Sam. MS15 compares to the 'full' Sam 11Pro (apart from the obvious price difference :) )

I've found comparison charts comparing the various Sam Pro editions (9 vs 10, vs 11 vs Seq etc) But nothing that compares MS15 to Pro.

Anyone know where I should look?

Cheers

Ayon

Hi, I realize this post is over a year old, but does anyone know where I can find a comparison chart for Sam Pro 8, 9, 10 and 11?

Thanks,

Dennis